"Yes You Are"-SHORTER "RADIO MIX"

Johnbee58

I had this up earlier in the week but asked admin to take it down because I thought I might've posted a few years back on the old forum, but looking back, I couldn't find it.  Anyway, if I did, I apologize but this is a new mix and is much cleaner than I had it in 2016.

I originally created this in 2010 as a shorter version in Samplitude Music Studio and in 2016 I expanded it in Cakewalk, kind of like in the old Disco days when they put out a 45 RPM "hit mix" but for the discotheques they released an extended remix.  This would be the extended remix. I don't know if this could be considered a dance song, but the original drum beat is called "Baiao" which is a form of Calypso.  I just know I fell in love with it and wrote the song around it. 

7 minute version and new 5 minute "Radio Mix" below. You can listen to either (or both if you want to).

Oh, and I can't forget.  The wah-wha guitar work is by a friend-Mr. Marc Hailkas.

Please enjoy "Yes You Are"

EDIT-The shorter "Radio Mix" is now available for those who don't like long songs.  It's down to 5:00 but gets to the point quicker without the filler percussion breaks.

Short Radio Edit Version  https://www.soundclick.com/music/songInfo.cfm?songID=13994145

Extended Disco Version here    https://www.soundclick.com/music/songInfo.cfm?songID=13990940

😀John B

Edited by Johnbee58
  • Like 1

I haven't heard this one before and  I look forward to the abridged version Jon.  I don't mind long bits of work as long as it goes somewhere otherwise I feel it becomes a tedious wait. Overall I really like the song and the way you interact with the backing ..so, good on you .. But for me just a little too long to love it ... 

Steve

• Like 1

@thegaltieribrothersThanks so much, Paul😀

@SPAKThank you.  I guess I made a mistake putting this version up first.  It's like putting the cart before the horse and I know many people here don't like long songs.  Good news is I found the project folder for the short version this morning in my Cakewalk Projects folder.  I was worried that I never would find it.  I mislabled it 4 years ago.  Now it's just a question of reprocessing WAVs from MIDIS and re sequencing and remixing.  Hopefully in the next few days.  I just hope that you and others will have a listen to it when it's done.  I'm a bit worried that the people who do check this out may not want to revisit a shorter version of a song they've already heard.

😀JB

Edited by Johnbee58

It's a cool song and I liked that intro - very creative. I think this is the best song I've heard from you - I really enjoyed the listen. It's got a nice laid back quality to it and a cool groove. I thought the Garritan horns work well. No crits on the mix - sounds good to me and I liked the fade at the end.

Nice job John - this is a good one.

• Like 1