fallen star

thegaltieribrothers

Louder? Overall? I dunno, how do the levels sound relative to other tracks?

Very smooth bass, and the synthy pads that come and go are very subtle yet effective. The vocals carry me into a hybrid 60's - 80's quality. 60's for simplicity in the chorus, but definitely 80's in how the vocals are mixed. That might be a ludicrous observation, but there you go.

It's very catchy, that chorus, Stylistically Councilled and Depeche-Modular.

cheers,

-Tom

• Like 1

Well put together song & chorus, sounds great to my old ears, but, .. Overall I think it needs work on the mix it's a little disjointed, maybe if you  bring the snare down a tad and give the guitars more space with a little love at the top end  ...  might give a better feel  but leave the pads and bass because as Tom has observed the bass with synth pads are spot on.

Good work guys ( Hope you'll forgive the critic .. waddo I know !)

ALB

Steve

• Like 1

Hi John,

Thanks for listening and your kind comments I think i was trying to evoke a 'peggy sue got married'/'guardians of the galaxy' soundtrack feel when doing this one.

Hi Tom,

Thanks for listening, I know what you mean about a hybrid 60's - 80's quality + nice I put you in mind of such musical luminaries as the Style Council + Depeche Mode.

Hi Steve,

Thank you for listening and for the critique which I am grateful for. I will have a look at your suggestions next time I look at the track as there's always room to get better.

Thank you all for listening and best wishes for your own musical travels.

regards

paul

• Like 1

First off I really liked your vocal - well done there. This song has a good hook on the chorus "Fallen Star" - very nice.  It's a well composed song.  I like those stops you put in there on the drum track. It does have a bit of an 80's vibe to it. Very catchy song - the type to sing along to.

Nicely done.

• Like 1

oh boy!  this is a really nice song, Paul.  the lyrics are very sad, though.  

this may be an odd comment to you, but the lead guitar playing seems opposing to the lyrics.  it seems "happier" than the words it is complementing.  

just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

Hi Daryl,

Thanks for listening and commenting - glad you like my guitar playing.

Hi Beagle,

Thanks for listening, I was trying to get the musical equivalent of bittersweet or apple-sour by making the riff happy at first and then changing the backing when it reappears to give a space-like dimension.

Thank you both for listening and commenting it is really appreciated.

regards

paul 

This is really an excellent song Paul.  You have a knack for writing great introspective lyrics and matching very effective melodies for them.  You have done a really good job on the arrangement and I love the haunting sound of the accompanying instrumentation and that nice ending guitar solo.  I really enjoyed listening.  Thanks for posting.

• Thanks 1