Orkney

bjornpdx

Orkney

https://soundcloud.com/orygun/orkney

This is another song I wrote a few years ago that was part of the soundtrack to a travel video about Scotland.
I added a bass track and a low whistle track (kind of like a flute). Not sure if the new tracks helped or hurt the piece though. The whistle instrument is from Kontakt factory library and so is the violin.
Thanks for listening.

A lovely tune with nice little melodies Bjorn.  Sounds like it would fit quite nice to some nature shots in Scotland.

I find it a little bit dry in the mix, a little bit more reverb and stereo width would probably be good.

• Like 1

Hey Bjorn, nice one! If you didn't mention Scotland, I would have put this in the American West. So I reckon, there's overlap there. Very cool melodies throughout.

At :21, I think your guitar wants to change that chord? I dunno.

I like how they all go away, and come back!

cheers,

-Tom

Steve,
Thanks again for commenting.
James
Yes, I did post that travel video a couple of years ago at the old forum. It was twenty min long which was a bit much to ask people to sit through.

Tom,
Yikes, I didn't notice that glitch at 0:21.   I feel like I'm putting out little fires with every revision.
Thanks

I believe that I recall this song when you posted it on the old Cakewalk Forum.  It was just a pretty then as it now.  But  --- can you ever have too much reverb???  I know  --- how dare I say that with my penchant for the overuse of  'verb on vocals.

Nice one Bjorn!!

• Like 1