Halion and Groove Agent - 50% off

simon

1 minute ago, cclarry said:

This whole thing is kind of stupid.  They offer no upgrade path for owners
of Cubase Pro to EITHER 6 or Sonic....pretty dumb...

Agreed, you would think that they wouldn't miss any opportunity to make money by offering an upgrade from HS3 SE to either HS3 or H6 for existing SE owners while they are doing a Halion sale.

• Like 1

The problem with HALion, and it's a big one, is that it's such a beast that you would have to stop making music for a long time just to learn everything that's in it.  It's like exploring the presets in Omnisphere or trying out all the instruments in Komplete 12.   I think that people get it and don't explore it because it's too much.    They'll try the guitars and decide they have better guitars and move on. 

I've spent many weeks trying out the various FlexPhrasers on different guitar-type instruments and pianos, and I don't feel I've scratched the surface.  When you start stacking pianos on top of guitars you can get some amazing results.  And then I moved to a new music computer and I lost all my presets!  Well I know how to make them now.  Anyway, imagine combining various synth sounds with flexphrases...   That could keep you busy forever.  And I want more of them!  😀

I also watched some videos on making your own instruments and did some explorations.  It's kind of like Falcon, you can take any feature and turn it into a knob.  Only Falcon has one knob and HALion has a whole set of knob and slider and switch designs.  Just drag them in.   Make your own interface.   I never did much with this.  And I never used any of the features to automate sampling, because I don't do that. 

I will take the HALion guitar strummers eventually and put them in my template next to the other strummers I own.  I'll see how they stand up. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks so much ZT and Reid!

This would be a great thing to have 'IF' I didn't have anything else to do and could just focus on making my own instruments (which is something I'd really love to explore). Unfortunately, I just don't have the time ATM, but will definitely keep this in mind for the future. Glad to hear it installs easily and works well.

Cheers mates!! 

• Like 1

I took the plunge with the crossgrade. I got a notice saying it will take them 2 days to verify the receipt I sent. I hope they will honor the price at the time of sending the cart to verification. If not, I'll save $125...

Actually, I've been watching recently the UVI Falcon training at ask.audio and Halion seems quite similar to UVI Falcon in terms of capabilities (makes sense that Falcon is one of the crossgrade options)