Sonokinetic Ostinatos updated to 1.2

cclarry

29 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Run the Sonokinetic Manager to update

Thanks Larry.

I found that the folder location of each library (three dots on the right hand side of the Sonokinetic Manager) was set to whatever you last installed (Noir in my case) so I manually changed it to the correct library location for each library before I did the update. Also, when you click on the "update" button it pops up a message about where the Kontakt folder is located. This is the root Kontakt folder and I just left it as the default (S:\Kontakt Instruments in my case).

The updates are very small ... between 5 to 20 Mbytes so don't take long to download.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, simon said:

I don't think I installed the Sonokinetic Manager (?) - but if you log into their website you can download the update manually - they are fairly clearly flagged

I also normally like to do things manually so that I can control where files are downloaded to and keep files for backup. They have improved Sonokinetic Manager a lot though so you can set things like the default download server (Ireland for me), download folder location, whether to keep or delete the files after download and there's even an option to "Redirect download button to direct download page".

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cclarry said:

I think I have like 8 freebies....I've gotten all of the freebies
except Modal Runs....disappointed I missed that one.

For the record, so far the Sonokinetic freebies include

2013 & 2014 - Sleighbells iOS

2015 Berimbau and Cuica  (they  don't sell them anymore, but they're included in Percussao do Brasil)

2016 - Ostinato Strings and EMP Mark II

2017 - Ostinato Brass

2018 - Ostinato Woodwinds

2019 - Modal Runs & Ostinato Noir

It used to be really easy to get them.  You could take your time and hours later the deal would still be there.
But now you have to make sure you know the exact time the deal goes up and set an alarm.  For me (in Brooklyn, NY) it's 11 am, but I know that for some people it's the middle of the night.   If you do that every single day during the "12 Days" sale, you should be okay.  

That said, they gave away Ostinato strings, brass, and woodwinds and Modal Runs on the second day.  Not a bad day to check in.  Also, they  really telegraphed the "Ostinato Noir" deal on VI:Control the night before. They couldn't have been more clear.  They did practically everything except for shouting, "ANOTHER FREEBIE TOMORROW!!!"

Still these freebies are so good and so many people don't want to miss out that it wouldn't surprise me that the day will come that if you wait even a few minutes you'll miss them.

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 2