iZotope: Plugin Boutique's 8th Birthday Sale

Frank

19 minutes ago, mibby said:

I can get it at AudioDeluxe for $43.98 or Izotope for $46.55...

Am I just being greedy?

F no. Remeber, it ain't just about the product at a decent price; it's about the game of the deal (no, not the art of the deal or that pos who had it ghost written). This means getting the best d@mn deal possible in order to "win." See, I nearly got Trash 2 off kvr recently for $10, and that'd have been a great deal, but this morning I got it for $8.45. So, you know, I win. IOW, if you pay a good price and soon after see it for even just a dollar or two cheaper, you've lost the game of the deal. I don't make the rules. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Are the AAS Packs worth $9?

From a musical point of view, I'd say yes. From a dealhunter point of view, considering that there are cheaper purchases at pluginboutique then it's no (although don't forget the virtual cash and tokens, instead of a discount pluginboutique gives rebates that can only be spent at their site so that we keep coming back for more...)

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, chris.r said:

Would you mind sharing the info or location (preferably a web page as I'd rather avoid traveling)? Thx

Improved CPU performance.  Updated UI, and metering. You can now resize the UI. Improved Track Assistant. Soft saturation mode. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/14/2020 at 8:09 PM, Zo said:

Guyz is ozone 9 elements is still standalone and allows 3rd party plugins ? If i understand well the element don t have all assistant bulshit and vintage modules ? 

I don't completely understand what you mean.

Ozone Elements 9 is a small suite that has only the EQ, Maximizer, and Spatializer modules. Yes, it does have the Mastering Assistant, no you are not forced to use it.

It can only be used as a plug-in inside a host. It can't be used in standalone form and the modules can't be used separately from the main suite.

BreakTweaker was one of my big disappointments. I had been drooling for it for a good while, but decided to go with Nerve instead. Good choice if your (like mine) intention is to create beats fast. Nerve was great fun until my needs grew beyond its narrow focus. BreakTweaker finally went on sale, so I got it along with Iris, Stutter Edit and Trash. Like pretty much all iZotope stuff, the GUI feels like an afterthought, is laggy and unresponsive, and eats CPU cycles like Garfield eats lasagne. I scratched my head over the sudden poor DAW performance, turns out closing just the iZotope GUI's made it go back to normal. Really annoying to use if you're trying to be productive.

BreakTweaker... Nice for experimentation and generating (or arranging) rhythmic background loops and effects, simple breathing beats, breaks/transitions/risers (shockingly, although I doubt that's what they literally had in mind), and random-***** "I have no idea what I'm doing" happy accidents with polyrhythms and modulation. Absolutely horrible sequencer for building anything slightly more sophisticated.

Stock sound content (and expansions) seemed high quality, and the microediting facilities could have been very useful if iZotope had a clue about GUI design and optimization. The simple synth component did its job. It is very pretty like most of their stuff.

The sluggish GUI, the awkwardly split pattern view, awkward interface for editing functions and the interface hiding detailed information programmed into individual steps, were what killed the product for me. If it wasn't for all of those, I'm sure I could think of more positive things to say.

• Thanks 1

Yeah would like some opinions on Stutter Edit, just tried demo and it was pretty annoying and couldn’t get anything musical out of it for my tastes. Or am I being too hasty? Some of these effects seem too showy and harsh and digital, seems a bit dated 

On 2/15/2020 at 12:35 AM, scook said:

I do not have Cubase to test but to make this work in CbB, the transport must be running.

Thanks for the suggestion; the problem seemed to be my setup.

I tried again today and got it to work without having to first bounce audio. It's much more convenient to work 'live' this way. Cheers...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tom said:

Yeah would like some opinions on Stutter Edit, just tried demo and it was pretty annoying and couldn’t get anything musical out of it for my tastes.

Try disabling the "stutter" module, which is on by default in most of the presets. There is a lot of functionality in the plugin (and you can use it less heavy-handed) besides the stutter feature. It is linked to the transport, so samples are in musical time and can be used in varying ways (it basically captures sample slices on the audio feed then manipulates them per the algorithm used). Unless doing EDM, you will find most of the presets overzealous. The manual is worth reading for that guy, especially for the controls that have rate variation to them. That GUI isn't as intuitive as one would hope.

• Thanks 2

On 2/15/2020 at 3:04 PM, Christian Jones said:

F no. Remeber, it ain't just about the product at a decent price; it's about the game of the deal (no, not the art of the deal or that pos who had it ghost written). This means getting the best d@mn deal possible in order to "win." See, I nearly got Trash 2 off kvr recently for $10, and that'd have been a great deal, but this morning I got it for $8.45. So, you know, I win. IOW, if you pay a good price and soon after see it for even just a dollar or two cheaper, you've lost the game of the deal. I don't make the rules. 

Well, I'd been considering $41-$46 deal on the Vocal Bundle upgrade. On the Izotope site, they offfered a 5% discount when I left it in my cart. THEN, the reminder email that today is the last day for the Valentie's 30% Sael (enter 30OFF during checkout) so I checked to see if I could stack the coupons. I just picked up the Vocal Bundle Upgrade for $34.30!  Sweet deal!!!

So, if you're considering an Izotope buy, check out their website, leave something in the cart and get 5%, then enter (last day!)  "30OFF" for an additional 30%.  🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mibby said:

Well, I'd been considering $41-$46 deal on the Vocal Bundle upgrade. On the Izotope site, they offfered a 5% discount when I left it in my cart. THEN, the reminder email that today is the last day for the Valentie's 30% Sael (enter 30OFF during checkout) so I checked to see if I could stack the coupons. I just picked up the Vocal Bundle Upgrade for $34.30!  Sweet deal!!!

So, if you're considering an Izotope buy, check out their website, leave something in the cart and get 5%, then enter (last day!)  "30OFF" for an additional 30%.  🙂

And we have ourselves a winner! Let's all congratulate mibby for skillfully winning the game of the deal.

{Narrator} When playing the game of the deal it's important to know all the tricks, and I discovered this one myself recently; if you put and leave something in your cart, often during a holiday and especially towards the end of it (must also be logged in so they have an email attached to your cart), the vender will often auto-email you w/ an even better deal if you go through w/ your cart purchase. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, tom said:

Yeah would like some opinions on Stutter Edit, just tried demo and it was pretty annoying and couldn’t get anything musical out of it for my tastes. Or am I being too hasty? Some of these effects seem too showy and harsh and digital, seems a bit dated 

Obviously depends on what type of thing you do. Like with this deal, I got it for next to nothing and happy to have it as a tool in the box on that basis, but certainly wouldn't pay a lot for it because it's probably aimed at a different genre to my typical output really, but I've used it for little bits of texture on vocals here and there to good effect. As Mettelus said, turning off the stutter module can be a good place to start.