BandLab's new Albums feature now in beta

Hidden Symmetry

10 hours ago, Johnbee58 said:

After listening more closely I take back what I said above.  This is some nice stuff.  I especially enjoy "One Thing I Know".  Tasty sax & guitar work.  Super funky jazz beat.

Sorry for my above ignorance.  You are a master, Sir!

😀JB

No problem, thanks John.

14 hours ago, markno999 said:

Very well done, I like all the songs but gravitate more toward the ones with the edgier guitar sounds.   Couple tracks have a Frank Gambale vibe to them.   Had a number of his instructional DVD's and hear some similarities or influences.   Certainly not bad company to be in:)  

The tracks are well played, well mixed and the songs are all unique in their own right.   Listened to the whole thing this afternoon at work and will probably have another listen over the weekend.  Nice work across the board and enjoyed the songs and your playing very much.

Regards

Thanks for the feedback & listening to the entire project. I don't consider myself a jazz or fusion guitarist so the Gambale reference is very much appreciated!

On 2/22/2020 at 6:14 AM, Hidden Symmetry said:

I don't consider myself a jazz or fusion guitarist so the Gambale reference is very much appreciated!

Well you fooled me:)   Seriously though,  my observation is based on timing, phrasing and note choices/melody.       When I listen to guitar players that I like, it is usually about these elements ahead of speed, tone and other factors.    I think the overall feel of your guitar playing is really good and very much enjoyed the tracks.  Very convincing.

Regards   

• Thanks 1