Plugins

LKJ

Question

Will cakewalk by bandland release any of the previous plugins that were not added to CbB. For example i had Sonar x3 , did not upgrade again until CbB . So i dont have CA-2A plugin.  will I eventually be able to get some of these i missed that were not included in CbB ?

• Like 1

13 answers to this question

I have no definitive answer regarding future BandLab plug-ins. BandLab did purchase the plug-in IP along with SONAR. There were discussions on the old forum soon after the purchase about add-ons to CbB. I suspect as soon as the account migration is complete, the plug-ins are re-badged and the store built-out, some of the old Cakewalk plug-ins will be available.

In the case where one had 64bit SONAR or other Cakewalk DAW installed which included plug-ins no longer bundled with CbB, the old plug-ins work fine in CbB. If the plug-ins are missing, the old DAW needs to be installed. A complete install of the old DAW is the simplest way to get the all the bundled content back. This should be done before installing CbB. If done after installing CbB, it may be necessary to re-install CbB.

SONAR X3 and older have an advanced install option which makes adding individual plug-ins easy. The newer versions of SONAR were comprised of several installers so, it may be possible to install some of the plug-ins without installing the DAW.

That said, the Sonitus Multiband is bundled with CbB.

• Thanks 1

Yes, CA-2A was never bundled with the regular X-Series or Platinum distributions. It was given away (maybe more than once) but I do not believe it was ever automatically added to user accounts. The later versions of CA-2A had a Command Center installer and used the newer activation routines. The original CA-2A used the old serial/registration number activation. CA-2A free or paid came with all available formats.

• Thanks 1

On 12/22/2018 at 5:09 PM, scook said:

Yes, CA-2A was never bundled with the regular X-Series or Platinum distributions. It was given away (maybe more than once) but I do not believe it was ever automatically added to user accounts. The later versions of CA-2A had a Command Center installer and used the newer activation routines. The original CA-2A used the old serial/registration number activation. CA-2A free or paid came with all available formats.

IIRC, you had to "claim" your free version of CA-2A at the time. Once you did, it appeared in the Cakewalk Command Center as a licensed product.

Any time I've had to re-install mine, I've done it via the CCC.

On 11/24/2020 at 8:03 AM, Starship Krupa said:

ADHD Leveling Tool is my favorite LA/2A workalike, it lets the user set attack, release, ratio, and dry/wet. Also freeware.

Are you still using this plugin?

For some reason, when I insert it in a track the signal gets -30 dB lower and the plugin basically becomes unusable. 

Anyone else has this problem with Leveling Tool in Cakewalk?

The plugin works fine in my other DAW (Reaper, Cubase Elements).

11 minutes ago, giovannibuchelli said:

Are you still using this plugin?

For some reason, when I insert it in a track the signal gets -30 dB lower and the plugin basically becomes unusable. 

Anyone else has this problem with Leveling Tool in Cakewalk?

The plugin works fine in my other DAW (Reaper, Cubase Elements).

I think I ran into this issue when "64-bit Double Precision Engine" is enabled in Cakewalk.

CbB now comes with the ProChannel CA-2A module, so if I want the LA/2A type of compressor, I use that.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

I think I ran into this issue when "64-bit Double Precision Engine" is enabled in Cakewalk.

CbB now comes with the ProChannel CA-2A module, so if I want the LA/2A type of compressor, I use that.

Yes you are right, it only happens if 64 bit engine is enabled.

I'll write to the developers, but I guess they'll say "it's a Cakewalk problem".

9 hours ago, giovannibuchelli said:

I'll write to the developers, but I guess they'll say "it's a Cakewalk problem".

I wrote them years ago and got no reply. I suspect the issue is with the plug-in, though. I think they're supposed to tell the host whether they're able to do the 64-bit thing.

I keep the 64-bit double precision engine turned off these days because it seems to have an unpredictable effect on certain soft synths I use. I go with individual plug-in oversampling.