Eventide Top 6 Sale

cclarry

27 minutes ago, Mesh said:

Thinking of getting Blakhole, but wanted to know your thoughts on it. I'll be mostly using it for guitar (my goto is Breverb Cake version).  Is Blackhole more of a sound design  tool?

Mostly yes. You probably have a few other verbs but there's always that time when they fail and you look around for some verb with some spicy spacey hypermodulated clarity. That's Blackhole.

16 hours ago, Mesh said:

Thinking of getting Blakhole, but wanted to know your thoughts on it. I'll be mostly using it for guitar (my goto is Breverb Cake version).  Is Blackhole more of a sound design  tool?

Hey Mesh - I would definitely give it a try.  There's been a couple of times when a track has been too dry (in context of a mix) but I couldn't find the right verb or delay that worked and then found that blackhole ended up giving it the right character.  It's rarely the first verb I go for but sometimes it's the one I'm happy with.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 1

The H3000 Factory does not include all the algorithms from the hardware unit.  Eventide broke out the algorithms into several of their plug-ins including the H910, H949, Octavox and Quadravox (and probably the H3000 delay, IDK my H3000 did not have multi-band delay but it was an older unit). The H3000 Factory is OK but of the plug-ins currently on sale I use the H910 most often.

• Like 4

I had the H3000 Factory Native plugin and although had a huge amount of presets/features, I couldn't find much use for it and ended up selling it. I agree with Scook that it was 'ok', but wasn't something that 'wow'd' me.....YMMV.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mesh said:

I had the H3000 Factory Native plugin and although had a huge amount of presets/features, I couldn't find much use for it and ended up selling it. I agree with Scook that it was 'ok', but wasn't something that 'wow'd' me.....YMMV.  

Same experience.  Tried using it several times but always ended up pulling it.

• Thanks 1