Passacaglia

Jerry Gerber

Here's the last track I produced in Digital Performer, before returning to Sonar after a year and a half.  It's the 4th movement of my 10th symphony that was written for my 14th album.

Listen

Scored with VSL symphonic cube and several soft synths (Dune, Massive, Z3TA and the Yamaha MODX-6).  I hope you enjoy listening.

Best,

Jerry

Edited by jsg
  • Like 2

A passacaglia is a traditional classical form in which there's a repeating bass line, usually in a minor key and in 3/4, and often slow.  This piece is not in a minor key,  but rather phrygian, and instead of being in 3/4 it's in 9/4, still based on a multiple of 3.   the repeating motive, first heard in the basses and cellos, is used throughout the entire piece. 

Glad you liked it David.

Thanks,

Jerry

www.jerrygerber.com

Edited by jsg

First of all, welcome home Jerry! As always I very much enjoyed your latest work. Especially the way you worked in the modern voices. Though I’m just a guitar player, I’ve always been inspired by your composition and orchestration. Can only imagine how enlightening it must be for those who aspire to follow in your footsteps. 

t