East West VD Special

cclarry

Unlike most of the East West sales this one includes upgrades (only on their site though).  And they are now offering Hollywood Diamond as a download (so you save money on the hard drive and shipping).  Was a good enough deal for me to finally upgrade from Hollywood Orchestral Gold to Diamond.  It's downloading now, pretty quickly (I have Gigabit FiOS).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

Unlike most of the East West sales this one includes upgrades (only on their site though)...

Oooo upgrades. Thanks for the details Matthew! I hope you'll let us know again the next time they include upgrades and when I'll have the money on hand :).

6 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

Unlike most of the East West sales this one includes upgrades (only on their site though).  And they are now offering Hollywood Diamond as a download (so you save money on the hard drive and shipping).  Was a good enough deal for me to finally upgrade from Hollywood Orchestral Gold to Diamond.  It's downloading now, pretty quickly (I have Gigabit FiOS).

Are you sure Hollywood Strings Diamond can be downloaded, Matthew?

I can see the download option when ordering, but the blurb still says: “Diamond Edition is supplied on a 1TB hard drive for ease of installation”. 

Yeah I was surprised about the download option too.  So I opened a chat with them before I ordered.  The support rep said they just made the decision to start offering Diamond downloads this week.

My upgrade to Diamond took about 3-4 hours to download and uncompress.  But it took them more than a day to process the order (they have to do upgrades manually I guess), so don't do it expecting you'll be able to start downloading right away.