No midi input (midi works fine in every other application)

Pakewalker

Question

Hi, I'm having trouble playing midi with cakewalk. It works perfectly fine with WASAPI, but, if I use ASIO4ALL, then there is no midi INPUT when I play the keys on the physical midi instrument. If I play the keys on the digital VST, it outputs sound normally. So output problems are discarded. The midi instrument also works perfectly fine, as shown in MIDI-OX. The CASIO USB-MIDI instrument is connected in the MIDI/Devices configuration, and MIDI Omni selected as track input. And, again, midi works perfectly fine with cakewalk when using WASAPI. But it doesn't show any input when ASIO is active.

2 answers to this question

Sorry, it turns out the problem was solved after I reset the vst instrument power button as well as cakewalk. I was trying to solve other problem right before this one (I couldn't have sound output for asio until I disabled the windows Realtek interface speakers) and it seems that something unexpectedly messed up with the overall midi input.

Anyways, I was setting up Asio instead of WASAPI because I thought it would help with the random halts I was having when using sample libraries. But it didn't. I guess it is some limitation with my system's specs.

• Like 1

Are you using Cakewalk by Bandlab 2020.1 build 24?

What audio interface are you using?  Does it come with native ASIO drivers?  If so , then ditch ASIO4ALL and use them instead

What soft synth are you trying to play. 

Have you checked the MIDI channels on the CASIO USB-MIDI instrument and the MIDI track are correctly set?