Hey Bandlab...

Geo524

Not sure what is going on but you guys are messing me up with these updates. CbB is still crashing upon opening. I'm not even trying to open a project, just the program itself and it crashes. I either have to reboot my computer or delete the AUD.INI file. Then with the exception of having to change my configuration settings again all is well... The other thing is I have to manually install the Bandlab updates? Can't update from the app itself. The new glitch I'm having since the very last update is I can not mute a MIDI clip by right clicking on it. I can still mute it from the main menu but sometimes I hide a track and when I do I need to mute the clip itself. Like I said I'm not sure what's going on but I've never, ever had problems with Cakewalk.  Not a big deal but it is a P.I.T.A. I hope you guys get these little annoyances fixed. Thanks

1 hour ago, Geo524 said:

Not a big deal but it is a P.I.T.A. I hope you guys get these little annoyances fixed. Thanks

It sounds to me like a huge deal.  If you want us to look at this you need to give a little bit of info about your system.  OS, Audio interface,  Memory amount, CPU  and GPU.

The more information the better. What steps have you tried so far.  Is there a time when this crashing wasn't happening? 

• Like 1

Probably the most obvious culprit here would be a conflict with installed drivers. Drivers seem to be one the biggest troublemakers in an audio computer system.

It would be helpful to post your system specs, software versions,  and any audio hardware in use. Obviously everyone here is not having this issue with Cakewalk, or else you would be reading about it daily. ;)

Hey Guys,

Sorry for the delay. had a busy weekend. My machine Specs; Windows 10; AMD FX  4130 Quad-Core; 32 GB; 3.8 GHz My interface is a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 and everything is up to date. Been using Sonar forever without any problems what-so-ever until now. My MixCraft and Samplitude work fine. It's just CbB putting the aggies on me since the last couple of updates. I'm trying to catch the problem report but it closes down way to fast. I'll see if it is in a dump file? Thanks for chiming in.

Actually THANK YOU BANDLAB for the awesome support.  I for one have been experiencing better and better performance and when you all make an error your quick with the hotfix.   For those who have continued issues I would dig deeper into your personal setups as the CBB software grows more stable with each completed release.

Could be a permissions error or file location error.   I remember that there were discussions in the old forum about TTSSEQ.  As I recall, the missing "S" is a typo and the file is TTSSEQ (but I haven't checked in CbB).

After deleting TTSSEQ, do you hold down the shift key and click on CbB icon?  In earlier versions, removing TTSSEQ and then shift+click to open erased the preferences file.  I would check to make sure the file paths are accurate. 

31 minutes ago, aether.roots said:

After deleting TTSSEQ, do you hold down the shift key and click on CbB icon?  In earlier versions, removing TTSSEQ and then shift+click to open erased the preferences file.  I would check to make sure the file paths are accurate. 

A partial personalization (holding the SHIFT key while starting CbB) will restore any BandLab supplied files missing from the user directory (%appdata%\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core).  This is not necessary for three ini files, Aud.ini, Cakewalk.ini and TTSSEQ.ini. These three files are automatically recreated if missing when CbB starts up.

As mentioned above, renaming the ini files (instead of overwriting or deleting) can be useful for comparing to the factory default settings.

Thanks all for the help and suggestions. I will look into them.

@ John, I will look into the Nvidia drivers and see if that's what is causing the problem. never know with all these never-ending changes and windows updates?! 😏

@Phoen1xPJ AMD is all I've ever used and I never had any problems. Not saying it might not be causing them now but it would be kind of weird that things start acting up all of a sudden.  I've been using this same computer for the past 4 years. CbB crashing only started since the last couple of updates? I don't know but anyway thank again for the help guys...

Hi all,

I was trying to do the update today, but all I got was a message saying that I need to shut down some running software before the installation can take place. This was quite strange as I did not have anything running, not even a browser! I quit out of the installer, but then, I could not start Cakewalk anymore! Luckily after I did a restart I was able to get CbB running again. Phew! Needles to say I am going to skip this update.

I wish we could download and store the full installer .exe file locally on our HD.  I don't quite trust this "it's all happening online" update method.

I have the a similar issue, every time I open the program (CbB); it freezes ...I have to close the program and re open it...and then it opens and functions normally?

Intel 9R) core(TM) i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz /isntalled RAM20.GB/64 bit operating system , x64 based processor/Windows 10 Pro version 1803/interface RME fireface UFX