Hey Bandlab...

Geo524

4 hours ago, Rufus Flint said:

I have the a similar issue, every time I open the program (CbB); it freezes ...I have to close the program and re open it...and then it opens and functions normally?

Intel 9R) core(TM) i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz /isntalled RAM20.GB/64 bit operating system , x64 based processor/Windows 10 Pro version 1803/interface RME fireface UFX

I have to delete the AUD.INI or TTSSEQ file or reboot my machine. Then CbB opens like its suppose to. 

Just a quick update. I created a ticket for the issue at hand. Tech support recommended  a few reg edits to completely remove CbB, uninstalling and then reinstalling CbB which I did. Unfortunately this did not fix the problems I am having. In fact things seemed to get worse. After reinstalling CbB seemed slow and sluggish when I was able to open it that is. Anyway, I decided to see if my original copy of Sonar Platinum would work and much to my surprise it did. No problems and no glitches at all.  I updated tech support on the new findings so hopefully they'll get back to me soon. In the meantime I have Sonar Platinum I can use. I also just purchased a brand new shiny copy of Reaper in case all else fails. Lol

Cheers...

3 minutes ago, Geo524 said:

Tech support recommended  a few reg edits to completely remove CbB, uninstalling and then reinstalling CbB which I did. Unfortunately this did not fix the problems I am having. In fact things seemed to get worse.

that's rather a generic "Have You Tried Turning It Off And On Again?" "solution"

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Geo524 said:

I also just purchased a brand new shiny copy of Reaper in case all else fails.

And I see you have Mixcraft, a DAW that punches above its weight class. I fret for its survival in the post CbB era. It has its place, but may be overlooked by people getting started with computer recording due to the "hey, FREE!" factor.

It's my hope that once I find my way around CbB better that I can set up a "Mixcraft" template for when I want the simple life. Minus that poor Mixer view.😥

9 hours ago, pwalpwal said:

that's rather a generic "Have You Tried Turning It Off And On Again?" "solution"

My response was always "Yes. That's the first thing I did. Then I did it twice more to be sure. Then I unplugged all the cables and plugged them back in again. Five times. Then I did a Google Search for it. And read through fifty supposed solutions. Now I'm calling you.

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 3

Many years ago I had to deal with Pacific Bell support as my first line ISP. Outages were few, but when they happened....

PB: Hello, how may I help you?

SK: I don't have Internet connectivity. The green light on the ADSL modem is solid, and I can ping the gateway and your router, but when I try to ping anything beyond that, it times out

PB: Thank you, sir. Can you tell me what operating system you have on your computer?

SK: 🤦‍♂️

Knowing that the next 15 minutes are going to consist of this person reading from a script that will have me pretending to restart my computer again, read them the IP address settings that if they were incorrect, would not allow me to get past the gateway, then maybe repeat my pings and traceroutes, all in the hope that my call would finally get punted to someone who could check their router.

9 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

And I see you have Mixcraft, a DAW that punches above its weight class. I fret for its survival in the post CbB era. It has its place, but may be overlooked by people getting started with computer recording due to the "hey, FREE!" factor.

It's my hope that once I find my way around CbB better that I can set up a "Mixcraft" template for when I want the simple life. Minus that poor Mixer view.😥

Yes. I have MixCraft 8 pro studio which is pretty impressive but there are some things about it I can't get passed. The mixer is one of them. 😳 I know looks aren't everything but sometimes they do put a damper on things.  I also have Samplitude Pro X3 suite which is also impressive but Cakewalk has always been my favorite. It's just a shame that it's not working properly for me at this time. I need to have a dependable DAW which is why I decided to purchase Reaper to have as a backup. I had Reaper back when it was version 4 and liked it a lot but I had Sonar x1 (or X2, I'm not really sure) back then and was very comfortable using it so aside from some basic test recordings with Reaper, it basically just sat on my HDD doing nothing. I'll have to see if tech support can help me out and get CbB back to where it was a couple months ago. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Problem Solved. Luckily I had a second copy of CbB on my internet PC. I knew the problem had to be somewhere in "Cakewalk Core" so I deleted that file on my audio PC,  copied the settings from CbB core in %appdata% from my internet PC and pasted it back in the %appdata% folder on my audio PC. No crashes and I opened CbB several times to make sure.  So far, so good. Fingers crossed that all continues to be well.

• Thanks 1

On 1/29/2019 at 2:54 PM, iZiKKO said:

I wish we could download and store the full installer .exe file locally on our HD.  I don't quite trust this "it's all happening online" update method.

At first, when cakewalk was installing an update it first installed a full .exe file temporarily in AppData on your computer. When that was completed, the dialogue pops up regarding the installation and then the .exe file in AppData is launched. After installation this .exe file is removed from AppData. Now it only installs an update file .exe in AppData, however, the file is still installed to your hard drive before it is launched. If you want to see it, you have to go to C drive--->Users--->Your name--->AppData--->Roaming--->Bandlab Assistant and you have to go there before you launch the installation (respond to the dialogue box). If you cannot see the AppData file, you need to enable "show hidden files" in windows. You can then copy this file from Appdata to another place and you can simply click it to launch the update. This is how I update my offline computer.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Tezza said:

Now it only installs an update file .exe in AppData, however, the file is still installed to your hard drive before it is launched. If you want to see it, you have to go to C drive--->Users--->Your name--->AppData--->Roaming--->Bandlab Assistant and you have to go there before you launch the installation (respond to the dialogue box). If you cannot see the AppData file, you need to enable "show hidden files" in windows. You can then copy this file from Appdata to another place and you can simply click it to launch the update. This is how I update my offline computer.

I think this is only true for the very first time you install CbB. Once you have it on your drive, future installations are upgrades only -- not the full installation, thus not the full installer exe. If you already have CbB and you want to save the installer you'd have to uninstall the one you have and get it again through Bandlab Assistant, following the instructions above before installing. Please let me know if I've got this wrong.

Edited by Larry Jones
  • Like 2

True Larry Jones, they used to supply the full .exe file every update, now only when you first install you get it, then it's just updates, that's what I meant in my first post. So I guess it doesn't answer izikko's wish to download the full installer. The updates can only be installed over the previous generation as well. Apparently you cannot install say update 5 over an installation with update 3 on it, it has to have update 4. Exactly what happens if you do this, I don't know.

I might find out since I have forgotten what update I last installed on my offline computer!

• Like 2

Glad you found the answer!  I had lots of stability issues with CbB. I tried everything I could think of, and nothing helped.  After a lot of digging around I found Windows 10 system file checker, and that stabilized things nicely. If others are having issues and nothing in this thread has helped,  you might wish to check out this link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026529/windows-10-using-system-file-checker

Edited by Kevin Walsh
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Kevin Walsh said:

Glad you found the answer!  I had lots of stability issues with CbB. I tried everything I could think of, and nothing helped.  After a lot of digging around I found Windows 10 system file checker, and that stabilized things nicely. If others are having issues and nothing in this thread has helped,  you might wish to check out this link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026529/windows-10-using-system-file-checker

Thanks for the info Kevin Walsh.