Migrating to Win 10 - plugin best practice

Bristol_Jonesey

19 minutes ago, Bristol_Jonesey said:

Here's a good one

I've installed everything up to and including Platinum, mostly through the CCC

However, I can't see the Blue Tubes suite that were bundled with X3 & Splat

I've only done a minimum installation of X3 but installed everything from Splat.

Any ideas?

If you view by vendor, the Blue Tubes are found under Nomad Factory.

1 hour ago, Bristol_Jonesey said:

Not sure I follow you

They SHOULD be  in the Plugin Browser under Vendor but they're not, they did not get installed

I was just suggesting to check for Nomad Factory plugins, as I couldn't find them when looking for Blue Tube in the browser, until I expanded Nomad Factory like this:

Blue Tube plugins.PNG

Edited by abacab

2 hours ago, Bristol_Jonesey said:

Edit to add, they don't show up either in the CCC or My Products

They are located in the Studio Mixing FX Suite under Platinum in CCC (if you click on Platinum in the CCC it will reveal about 18 more installers, including this one):

Blue Tubes Suite.PNG

Edited by abacab

l'll post this in case anyone else falls foul of it

I've been going through every project that I intend to keep, verifying that it's all ok, no missing plugins or anything, and there was this one project which wouldn't play a couple of patches

A search of my system revealed they weren't anywhere on my Samples Drive

had installed everything from the CCC and double checked it back to My Products in my account

After much head scratching and investigation, it turns out these patches were included on 2 Free expansion packs, which do NOT get listed in the CCC or your account

Once installed, the project was fine

Depends on the synth.

Some expansion packs were rolled into the regular installers some were not.

IIRC, the Dimension Pro expansion packs were added to the latest installer, the Rapture expansion packs were never added.

Traditionally all the expansion packs were available through the knowledge base.

In the past I threw away the programs and samples for Dimension Pro and Rapture installed on new machines and copied over the files from my previous machine.

Now the samples are integrated into Rapture Pro so going forward, I will only copy the ProgramData from Dimension Pro and Rapture and copy the Rapture Pro sample set.

This level of detail depends on the level of customization performed on the installation.