Yikes, I'm Back!https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/topic/11330-yikes-im-back/

Jerry Gerber

For what its worth, I have been missing the old style set of tools--pre X Sonars--where we had the editing tools in the Staff View pane itself (as opposed to the Tools Module on the Control Bar).  Maybe if the devs put that back it could also have the functionality you describe above. That way, maybe they could leave the functionality of the Tools Module the way it currently exists in order not to affect the workflows when not using the Staff View.  Just a thought.

Edited by User 905133
To add a link to a thread where staff view improvements were previously mentioned/discussed

14 hours ago, jsg said:

In the newest version, you have to select a group of notes with one tool and then change tools in order to right-click and perform an operation on those notes.  that alone is a deal breaker for me since I spend a lot of time using the notation editor.  Unless someone can show me a way to do that in one step, I have no reason to upgrade.

This was discussed in the thread below. Ctrl+Right-Click will bring up the context menu without clearing the selection. Affects the PRV as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 2/15/2020 at 9:23 AM, David Baay said:

This was discussed in the thread below. Ctrl+Right-Click will bring up the context menu without clearing the selection. Affects the PRV as well.

I remember  before the last version of Platinum there was a problem with right-clicking undoing the selection, which Cakewalk fixed in subsequent versions. Now, it's broken again.  As I said, new version = new features + new bugs.  It would be hard to believe that having to press CTRL in order to right click was intentional.

Until I find a bug in the last version of Platinum that affects the way I work, why "upgrade"?  Why fix what isn't broken?   Each person uses a DAW a bit differently than others, so for example I wouldn't notice bugs in the PRV because I've never used it in the 30+ years I've been working in a DAW.  The person who doesn't use the notation editor would never notice bugs in that part of the program.   I suppose we all have to pick the imperfections we must live with, as nothing humans do, make or are is perfect...