Key Bindings

Peter C

Don't know if this will be of any use to anybody.......not even sure how useful it is for me......attached are two .xls files. The first contains the Cakewalk keystroke codes as seen when opening a key bindings file in a text editor (.kbn). The second contains all the Cakewalk command numbers (again as seen after the = sign in .kbn files) and their actions.

For me, this allows me to include a number of extra key binding commands that otherwise I wouldn't have known about. 

I have been able to find 932 commands which are listed in the file. There appear to be 379 Global commands shown in the Cakewalk editor along with an extra 539 under other headings, e.g. Console View, Step Sequencer, etc. However some of these 539 are duplicated under Global. I've just not had enough time to find out all those which are duplicated, so the structure in the commands file may be a bit haphazard, I tried to code which commands belonged only in which views. It is possible that there are more which I haven't found. Certainly there appear more on the various lists which forum members were good enough to send my way.

Another point to note is I have listed unused numbers as 'unassigned' whether or not they are actually reserved or not assigned.

Errors and ommissions are welcome as are howls of anguish.

Cakewalk Key Codes Check-02.xls

Cakewalk Keyboard Actions.xls

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2