Korg Triton VST Collection and Blue Cat Patchwork Issue

whattarush

SO!!! I've come across an issue with the Korg Triton VST plugin's GUI not opening up when used inside Blue Cat's Patchwork (virtual patchbay). I've tried it in the "Pre", "Parallel Chain" and "Post" slots with no luck. The first patch in the VST will play but there's no way to change it since the GUI will no open. Has anyone else by chance come across this same problem?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, whattarush said:

SO!!! I've come across an issue with the Korg Triton VST plugin's GUI not opening up when used inside Blue Cat's Patchwork (virtual patchbay). I've tried it in the "Pre", "Parallel Chain" and "Post" slots with no luck. The first patch in the VST will play but there's no way to change it since the GUI will no open. Has anyone else by chance come across this same problem?

I did not buy the Triton VST from Korg yet, so have not run into this.  Perhaps, though, you can insert midi events to do program/preset changes that the VST would react to.  Have you tried that?

Bob Bone

I thought about doing this but the problem that I see is not being able to open the GUI to change the midi channel of each instance inserted to receive to Program Change messages. I did notify Korg and they were able to reproduce the problem and hopefully will release a patch update for it soon.

On 2/10/2020 at 9:56 PM, whattarush said:

maybe ask blue cat? does it also fail in other daws?

I did reach out to BlueCat and I hope to hear some feedback from them as well. The Triton GUI fails to open when inserting in the standalone version of Patchwork and also when patchwork is inserted as a plugin in both DAWs that I have (Cakewalk by BandLab and Studio One 3). I've also noticed that when I insert the Triton VSTi into the MPC software as a plugin, only a 1" x 1" square of the upper left hand corner of the GUI is visible and any you can't change any parameters of the VSTi.

The GUI opens perfectly when used as an instrument in Cakewalk by BandLab and Studio One 3.  I was hoping to use the Patchwork configuration in a live setting, i.e., church, without having to use a DAW to run multiple instances of the Triton VSTi in combination mode, and other VSTIs, each set to receive different midi channels. Hopefully Korg will release an update soon.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2020 at 12:58 PM, pwalpwal said:

Graphics drivers up to date?

Sorry for the delay in responding, I've been out of town the past few days. My graphics drivers are indeed up to date and I'm still having the same issue. I'll give the micro vst host a try and see if that helps. Thanks!!!

• 3 weeks later...