The Restitution

Starise

I haven't posted in the songs forum for awhile. It's good to see a bunch of the old crowd still here! 

I've been on a classical music kick for a few years now and have been slowly working mixes that hopefully don't borrow from other composers and instead  are original in construction. This began as a piano composition. No edits were done to the piano which is the DNA of the composition. I posted two sources for this. One on my Soundcloud and one on YouTube to show the notation involved.

Edited by Starise
  • Like 2

Thanks all of you for listening and commenting. I was a bit tired last evening and I think my ears played a few tricks on me. I have to agree with the mid heavy comments when listening back today. Thank you for confirming that. I will revisit the mix and knock down the mids some.

David, the flute player is a big girl with a lot of wind ;)

• Like 2

I'll echo the above comments, interesting piece. One little niggle here, when the bass hits at measure 17 its kind of woofy (for want of a better term) comes and goes a little bit there; and then never comes back. Its like the low notes are there, a bit overpowering for me, then the upper notes either don't sound or are much softer. Stood right out to me and I had to go back and check the score.
This is staff view in CbB?

t

I liked this track and it contained a sadness?

Its sounds sharp on my speakers and I would have worked on the middle frequencies.

Once again ... well done.
I always state this...  but we all paint very different pictures...  these are just my personal views and what I would have done and in no way is it meant to diminish the work you have done here.

I am listening on  Focal TRIO6 BE

1:27 the violin and the flute are competing pretty hard for mix space.

It's undeniably a thoughtful composition, and not having ever heard the original, it's hard to compare your work to any original. But you do your usual job of equalling the thoughtfulness of the piece with the thoughtfulness of your mix. I'd give the violin a kudo, that was nicely brought out, very realistic. The ending was very nicely sustained and faded.

Your Albinoni piece is forever in my playlist.

cheers,

-Tom