Metamorphosis

Wookiee

Wookie, I've listened to this song several times, and I hear something new each time.  It does indeed evolve from start to finish, yet it has a thread that runs all the way through it, and that would be texture, it seems to me.  That comes from the vintage sounding synths that you use, and I've always been a fan of those sounds.  Your influences show a lot in this song, and I think it's a winner!  Sail on... 

• Like 1

Hey Wook - I don't want my arms ripped off, so I definitely want the Wookiee to win! :D

however,  it's just way too slow and simple for me  until the elec guitar kicks in.  that part was quite tasty.   if I hadn't stuck it through because I know you and your music and respect what you do, I wouldn't have held on until it got interesting.  glad I did - the rest of it from where the guitar came in has been great!  I just didn't care for it before that.  hope that's not too harsh for you, my friend.  

• Like 1

Thank you @Beagle it is  a tune about change, how sometimes to start a change can take awhile but then it accelerates, though the tempo is constant through out this.  Thanks for you ears and comments Reece, as always they are appreciated and welcome, they help in growing the music. 

Hey, Wook,

Very cool track with lots of cool little melodies and clever twists and turns!🙂

The first section with the orchestral synths was a bit different than your usual stuff , but I really liked it.  The experimental sound effects at around 3:30 threw me off for a minute, but when that tasty guitar part came in I was back in business and then loved the choice of synths and melodies that came afterwards.  Lots of interesting textures and elements and a really fresh sounding mix!👍

Overall, a very cool ride, John, good stuff!😀

Have a great weekend, Wook!

Bob

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...