Sonar Platinum Themes

Jerry Gerber

Hello,

I am reinstalling Sonar and cannot find the folder to put the themes I have.  I have the theme files (.sth) and have tried about 10 different places, but Sonar fails to recognize where they are.  Can someone please tell me which folder Sonar Platinum (latest version Cakewalk made) these files are supposed to reside in?

Thanks!!!!

Jerry Gerber

www.jerrygerber.com

Yes "Cakewalk Content" may be anywhere on the PC. By default it is the root of C.

By default several of the entries in Folder Locations in preferences use "Cakewalk Content" such as Track Templates, Track Icons and CAL Files.

Another way to see where themes should be is run the theme editor (assuming it is installed) and try to open a theme. It should open the theme folder. The Edit button next to the theme drop down in preferences runs the theme editor.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

Here's where I have non-factory themes made by others as well as my own custom themes for CbB:

image.thumb.png.04a8882c9e3fc5125791634fb1447d79.png

CbB uses a different folder for themes. The OP asked about SONAR Platinum, at least that is how I read it. By default both use folders in "Cakewalk Content."

But you may be right. Re-reading the OP it may be a question about CbB and NOT Platinum. If the question is where are CbB stored -  by default they are stored in C:\Cakewalk Content\Cakewalk Themes

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for replying!   I cannot seem to open the themes in Sonar Platinum (last version before Cakewalk closed down).  I have 10 themes in a folder a c:\Cakewalk Content\Sonar Themes.  I also tried c:\Cakewalk Content\Cakewalk Themes.  The 10 themes are named:

Default 01.sth

Default02.sth

etc.

Yet when go to preferences-customization-themes, these themes are not there!  The only two that are visible are Mercury and Tungsten.  What am I doing wrong?

When I open my themes in the Theme editor they load and I can see them.  But Sonar Platinum can not!!  ;>(

Any other suggestions?  Should I try renaming them?  I tried renaming one theme "test.sth" but that didn't work either....

Thanks!!

Jerry

www.jerrygerber.com

p.s  In Sonar Preferences, there is no folder choice for "themes".  There are folder choices for many other files, including midi, wave and cal files, but no folder choice for themes... urgh!!!

Edited by jsg

12 minutes ago, jsg said:

When I open my themes in the Theme editor they load and I can see them.

This should tell you the path to the themes. Try opening the Tungsten theme from inside preferences using the Edit button. Once opened,  using "Save As" opens the folder where SONAR themes should reside.

There is no preference setting for themes they are hard coded to be in a folder "Cakewalk Content" called "SONAR Themes" (for SONAR Platinum). The suggestion to look at preferences was to confirm where "Cakewalk Content" was located. But using the theme editor as mentioned above is a better method.

Yep!  That did it, thanks a lot Scook.  Weird, though that the themes are now stored in c\users\jerry gerber\documents\z3ta\sonar themes.  You'd think that I'd be able to put them in a more logical place...

Too bad Sonar doesn't let the user choose where to put the themes...

13 minutes ago, jsg said:

c\users\jerry gerber\documents\z3ta

Is an unusual location. Is the rest of "Cakewalk Content" stored there too? I believe it must all be there. The path to "Cakewalk Content" is stored in ContentDir in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software.

If so, you can move "Cakewalk Content" using the Cakewalk Command Center by clicking the gear in the upper-right of the CCC UI then click the path tab and change the Content Path.

Hi Jerry haven't seen you in a while!  Yes - You should move to Bandlab Cakewalk.  Bandlab took up the ball on Sonar.  It is now several years ahead of Sonar.  Oh yes - its free.

You download the bandlab app then you can down and install Cakewalk from there.

https://www.bandlab.com/download/assistant/windows

Good to see you checking in!

Max Arwood