BJZ presents Nattmara

Bapu

BJZ is:
Ken "Zargg" Nilsen - vocals, guitars
James "Jyemz" Griffiths - Guitars
Ed "Bapu" Kocol - Bass, Piano & Strings
Hugo Ribeiro - Drums

Scroll down for the lyrics if you want organize "sing along" groups amongst yourselves.

Nattmara 
(c) 2020 BJZ

Verse 1:
As a child I never really knew any fear
The days were long and the night was a welcome
My dreams were filled with laughter and cheer
I grew older and the night was dark and frightsome
Frightsome and then some

Pre-Chorus 1:
The pressure of growing up too fast
My childhood fantasies couldn't last

Chorus:
Nattmara wears a tiara
On top of her ebony hair
She prances around in my nightly terrors
In the morning I can feel she’s still there

Verse 2:
My life as man, I kept my love pure
I did what I could to keep our life full
My dreams are now filled with a dooming fear
But something was hidden, making its pull
Making it's pull

Pre-Chorus 2:
Tossing and turning all night long
No longer in control, no longer strong

Repeat Chorus

Bridge
Nattmara, why me? Nattmara, why them?
Nattmara, why us? Nattmara, please never again.

Solo
Repeat Chorus
Final Solo

Edited by Bapu
  • Like 4

Love the tune! Absolutely “killer” drum track. I realize the guitars are not “carrying” the tune, but I would bring the solo up. Deal breaker? No. Other than that little niggle, great mix Ed. Thumbs up for sure!

t

almost forget, cool vid

Edited by DeeringAmps
Added comment
  • Great Idea 1

Hey this is nicely done ! I kind of picture this as a Rock Musical Theater piece with all the different voices swirling about . . . also because the Ken Nilsen lead vocals are so theatric.  Love the melodic electric guitar solo, and all the orchestral sounds throughout.

14 hours ago, noynekker said:

Hey this is nicely done ! I kind of picture this as a Rock Musical Theater piece with all the different voices swirling about . . . also because the Ken Nilsen lead vocals are so theatric.  Love the melodic electric guitar solo, and all the orchestral sounds throughout.

I absolutely concur with the above.  Great job!

On 2/8/2020 at 5:31 PM, DeeringAmps said:

Love the tune! Absolutely “killer” drum track. I realize the guitars are not “carrying” the tune, but I would bring the solo up. Deal breaker? No. Other than that little niggle, great mix Ed. Thumbs up for sure!

t

almost forget, cool vid

You spoke, we listened.

Done.

• Like 1

Drums are sooooo good. Overall quite the creepy vibe. I think you are using bgv's as pads, which works to a point. I'm feeling these don't really hold the center of the tune. I dunno, is some more powerful element missing? The guitars are pretty understated in the mix,  until that lead guitar comes in, and that is really really nicely done! I might boost it as well.

Opinions are like a$h wholes. Keep them clean!

Your Youtube video only allowed me a max of 780 p and you might want to go for the whole 1080 enchurrito.

Overall a pleasure to listen to, and I agree it has a theatrical quality, I could see Meatloaf giving it a go. A while ago.

cheers,

-Tom

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2020 at 6:38 PM, noynekker said:

Thanks for the listen and your observations.

Great lyrics, faultless drums, guitar solo break excellent ...did I say great lyrics ?  (But I think it would help to understand  the folk lore around this  or maybe not  ... it's just a nightmare  ...right 🥺)

image.png

Edited by SPAK

• 5 months later...