CbB and Samson Graphite 49 , MCU problems [fixed]

Alex Oucinde

Question

Hello there, I posted this on a Nanokontrol 2 question about a week ago, it was sort of unrelated to my hardware, so I am posting here, I see the author of the MMcl controller protocol is around and  looks very helpfull. Hope I can get some directions to make a Samson Graphite 49 work on CbB , either using the Mackie Control ( Graphite supports it) , CbB native ACT , Mackie Control-MMcL or AZ Controller. 

I have been struggling with this for a week with no luck, I thought it was second nature, because this worked on Logic, Ableton Demo, Studio One and Digital Performer very easy in the studio where we use DP as the main DAW,  I do most all the programming and recording. I went CbB for my home use, and it worked well with an Alesis Q49 but I bought Graphite to replace it,  it is underrated and not that bad,  it has mapping presets for nearly every DAW and aftertouch as well and supports MCU  , but cant make Cakewalk   work with it, have tried all other presets, same result. Worth noting the controller uses channel 1 for MIDI activity and channel 5 for remote functions, this  remote is not seen by CbB (it did somehow, see below), I have tried different configs with no luck.

EDITED, after much work I could make  the faders ( not Bank 2, only 8 then) and buttons work, but is a hit and miss, after a while it ceases to recognize the mappings at all, it becomes a random game, it will work, and not, banks are not recognized, no transport, etc. This is not the controller as it works on all the other daws for hours perfectly well. I can think the MCU default doesnt play nice in  CbB, I could be wrong. 

Thank you very much for any advice. 

3 answers to this question

Well, that seems to got it working. encoders, functions, sliders and transport behaving as usual. I need to do more reading on CbBs inner workings, havent read enough to give that page a second look. I know from history that Cakewalk always had a deep implementation of midi, controllers, the ACT protocol, and lots more. 

I am new to CbB , been to many years on Mac, so time to dig into it. 

Thanks a lot for your tip.

Best Regards. 

PS Usually I mark post  [SOLVED], don't know how to edit title here.

Edited by Alex Oucinde
  • Like 1