Takes too long to save the projects

reza sadeghi

I am recently experiencing this issue, when I open a new project and save it with a name, everything is fine but as the project gets heavier , saving will take more time to do its job. When I say heavier I don't mean lots of tracks and plugins, even like 20-30 track take too much time to save.  I never has this experience before even with 3 times more tracks and lots of VSTs and plugins.

Anyone experience this issue?

Thanks in advance for help

I would look no further than a plug in. In most cases i've run across, it's a plug in holding up the save.

You can try disabling all plug ins using the Control module "press E"

ControlBar.07.02.png

Try a test save and see if this cuts down on time. In theory this should work. But i'm not sure if the plug in itself must be removed from the FX bin to attain total bypass for this test to work.

The cwp file is 2GB? That would be extremely large. There used to be problems with audiosnap blowing out the size of project files but I doubt they ever approached 2GB. Are you using a lot of Region FX, long clips in Region FX or audiosnap? Is the virus scanner turned on where the projects are saved?

6 hours ago, scook said:

The cwp file is 2GB? That would be extremely large. There used to be problems with audiosnap blowing out the size of project files but I doubt they ever approached 2GB. Are you using a lot of Region FX, long clips in Region FX or audiosnap? Is the virus scanner turned on where the projects are saved?

I record 96khz 24 bit .antivirus is on. But as I said before I never had this issue.

Edited by reza sadeghi

Yeah, that's crazy big. The .CWP size has no bearing on the bitrate or anything like that - it's basically a document with pointers that references the big audio data elsewhere.

Are you definitely saving as a Normal Cakewalk Project (CWP) rather than a Cakewalk Bundle (CWB)? It's not out of the question for a bundle to be that big and take ages to save.

Edited by Lord Tim
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Lord Tim said:

Yeah, that's crazy big. The .CWP size has no bearing on the bitrate or anything like that - it's basically a document with pointers that references the big audio data elsewhere.

Are you definitely saving as a Normal Cakewalk Project (CWP) rather than a Cakewalk Bundle (CWB)? It's not out of the question for a bundle to be that big and take ages to save.

My bad. The cwp is not 1.91. The whole project with Audio folder is 1.91 GB

• Like 1

7 hours ago, chuckebaby said:

So im guessing you didn't try the test I mentioned ?

Just try bypassing the FX and do a test export. It should take a few seconds.

I tried what you said. no difference.  I turned all the plugins off and tried.

I am working with sonar when the version was 1.4 on a floppy disk. it is about 20 years :) this issue is not normal. I believe it might be an update on windows 8.1 . maybe?