Driver organization

FredTheDead

Question

Hi! I kindly need your help :D

I'm becoming mad because of the audio drivers settings.
I started using a Sound Blaster X G1 with the relative Sound Blaster driver. It works in output but it doesn't work in input, also because this little gaming sound card doesn't have its own input jack, so I sent the input through the pc minijack. 
Important: I'm using a Phantom 40v adapter which catch energy from USB and gives it to the Condenser Microphone. Then the Converter sends the signal from XLR to the PC mini-jack. This system works in Windows, I can see the audio level changing if I sing in the microphone in the Control Panel. The problem I think it's it works with Realtek HD Audio Driver. 
In the end I installed Asio4All, but it doesn't work anyway cause it seems in the system the audio input is always directed to the Realtek HD Audio Driver.
It's really complicated and frustrating, also changing driver gives back a lot of problems on the normal pc use.

Is there an easy solution which doesn't affect all the system? 

Thank you :D

Fede

3 answers to this question

Hi! Here I am I made the test.
The WASAPI's thing worked fine! Thank you :D 
Now it runs in both way and without problem. Really useful.

Regarding the USB external sound card I agree I should buy it, but currently I only need to record some voice on pre-made instrumental: the XLR-USB phantom converter costs like 14 euros and it solved it. In the near future I surely plan to switch to a sound card :D

Thank you everyone for the precious help!