Jitter stutter etc...but only on a particular project?

Hello everyone!

I have one particular project that is currently misbehaving--stutters, jitters etc-- but all else seems to be good. No jitter on other projects, no issues anywhere else, the LatencyMon utility says I'm good, only 12 percent drive access according to Cakewalk and 10 percent CPU... so, keeping in mind I've been through the weeds with troubleshooting this type of thing several times before...what's the most likely reason something like this would afflict one particular project? And how best to eliminate it?

Thanks for your time!

Win10

Scarlett 18i20 1st Gen

If its only in one project, then i would look for project specific clues.

- A plug in. Is there a plug in you are using in this project that you don't have in any of your other projects ?

- Does this project have a different sample rate then the others that are working fine ?

Thanks Chuck! It was indeed a plugin-- NastyDelay, an older 32-bit tape delay simulator plugin. Weirdly, the problem disappeared when I deleted the plugin from the project, and then did not reappear (at least not yet!) when I reinstated it! Going to see if I can finish the mix as-is, and then abandon this one for the future!

Thanks again for your help! It's always much appreciated.