URGENT HELP - jBridged plugins vanished: Uptate - workaround found

Robert Bone

YIKES, a problem!  I have someone waiting all day for me to complete work on project, so I have an urgent need for some assistance.

My jBridged plugins no longer seem to be scanned, by Plugin Manager. They are not excluded, and not present, even though  the path to them is unchanged.

( I have had jBridge for 10+ years, and even after reloading my "jBridged Plugins" folder, by having jBridge process a 'candidate' folder, I see none of them).

Also, same paths in Sonar Platinum DO show my bridged plugins from the same  "jBridged Plugins" folder, so jBridge seems to be working fine - in Platinum, just suddenly not in CbB.

SOOOOOO, with no mention (seen by me):  What changed?  Why? What doI do? 

I have someone out of state expecting completed work from me, this morning, that I cannot deliver.

Bob Bone

Update - Pulling the jBridge Plugins folder out of the scan path, and adding in the 32-bit folder "jBridge Candidates", which has the original 32-bit plugins before jBridge processes them, CbB shows no new or removed plugins, so it looks like NONE of the 3rd-party 32-bit plugins are even seen at all - because iit didn't show either removal or addition of any, AND, nothing in the excluded folders shows up, either.

It is like CbB's Plugin Manager just suddenly stopped dealing with 3rd-party 32-bit plugins altogether.

Bob Bone

I don't use jBridge.

I ran a reset a couple of days ago and the few 32bit plugins that I have scanned OK.

Running a VST reset from preferences can't hurt. Make sure to create a scan log. There may be a clue about what is going on in the log.

The only recent change I know that happened to the scanner is it no longer scans dll in the VST3 folders.

Just now, scook said:

I don't use jBridge.

I did run a reset a couple of days ago and the few 32bit plugins that I have scanned OK.

Running a VST reset from preferences can't hurt. Make sure to create a scan log. There may be a clue about what is going on in the log.

The only recent change I know that happened to the scanner is it no longer scans dll in the VST3 folders.

Yup I did a full rescan, and it didn't correct the situation.

I will do so again, after checking the parm to create a scan log, and look to see if there are any clues in that.

Bob Bone

2 minutes ago, scook said:

I don't use jBridge.

I did run a reset a couple of days ago and the few 32bit plugins that I have scanned OK.

And, because of jBridge potentially having an issue, I had pulled it completely out of the equation, and pointed the plugin manager to a folder containing the original 32-bit plugins, where jBridge had not processed them, and even Bitbridge still did even see those plugins, which all worked perfectly for years, being bridged.

AND, Sonar Platinum's plugin manager sees all of the jBridge-processed 32-bit plugins, so it is quite strange.

Bob Bone

Just now, scook said:

FYI CbB and SONAR use the SAME scanner and plug-in manager on the same PC. Their VST inventories are in different places in the registry.

Yup I knew that - and that further blows my mind, because whatever is detected or not, should be the same, between Platinum and CbB.

@scook still no success.  I have completely ripped jBridge out of the picture, and completely replaced the folder in my VST32 sub-folder that holds the small number of 32-bit plugins I need to retain, and have done a VST Reset and full scan, and later a manual full scan, and NONE of the 32-bit plugins are being detected at all - the PATH to the 32-bit sub-folder they are in exists in the scan logs, but there is NO indication of any processing of any of the plugins - only the 64-bit plugins are processed.

I have now uninstalled CbB, and renamed the Core registry key, to CoreOLD, to get CbB completely out of the Registry, and am going through a reinstall of CbB and its additional add-ons, and will try again.

I TRULY do not understand why this has suddenly gone belly-up like this - for the approximately 10 32-bit plugins I need to be properly detected.

Bob Bone

I simply can NOT get CbB to scan ANY 3rd-party 32-bit plugins.  ZIP, NADA - I am beyond frustrated, and have lost an entire day, and completely missed a deliverable. 

The scan logs clearly showed a plain vanilla 32-bit sub-folder with the 10 such 3rd-party 32-bit plugins needed to run in CbB, in the paths (VST scan paths), and then nowhere in the remainder of the scan log is there a single mention of that path, like it just never even processed anything within it.  Details to follow:

After resetting  and reconfiguring the situation, to where I copied the contents of that 32-bit sub-folder into a folder called 'jBridge Candidates' (I copied them into a new folder so as to keep the original plugins separate from anything jBridge might do to them).  Then, I ran jBridge and configured it to process the 'jBridge Candidates' folder as the 'source folder', and then selected an empty folder called 'jBridged Plugins' for jBridge to place the files with the wrappers to run in CbB, and let jBridge do its thing, with the parameter in it set to Confirm Each File - which it did.

Then, I launched CbB and ran a complete rescan of existing and and failed plugins, after 1st deleting the scan logs, so they would be nicely fresh and only containing anything from this newest scan.

The complete rescan finished, and as noted above, other than the initial presence of the 32-bit sub-folder ('jBridged Plugins') in the scan log listing for the VST scan paths present for that scan, there is not one single mention again in the scan log, of anything to do with that 'jBridged Plugins' folder containing the ten 32-bit plugins I need to configure to properly run in CbB.  And, repeating everything outside of using jBridge, so as to let the 32-bit plugins be managed using BitBridge, the same thing happens - in that other than the initial listing of the path of the 32-bit sub-folder, containing the ten 32-bit plugins to process, there is not one single mention of any of those ten plugins, nor is there any mention of failure - it is TRULY like the scans are not bothering to go into those sub-folders to even try to process or inventory, or fail, any of those 32-bit plugins.

In my multiple decades of dealing with Sonar and now Cakewalk by Bandlab, I have NEVER encountered such a bizarre and shoot me dead in the water situation, with regard to using any 32-bit 3rd-party plugins.  I don't know why this occurred in the first place, nor do I have any idea of how to resolve this situation.

Please please please folks, help me sort through this, 

Bob Bone

7 hours ago, Robert Bone said:

I TRULY do not understand why this has suddenly gone belly-up like this - for the approximately 10 32-bit plugins I need to be properly detected.

Did you try  copying the records from the Platinum VST Inventory to CbB? May want to export the Platinum registry as a backup.

FWIW, I always use CbB's internal JBridge bridge 32 bit components rather than using JBridger to create a wrapper DLL.

Just let it scan the 32 bit plugins as normal, then go into the plugin properties within Plugin Manager and set it to use the internal JBridge wrapper. CbB will then use JBridge rather than BitBridge to bridge the 32 bit plugin:

image.png.ae7753944b18b11d350f39f8f1459e96.png

Note you'll need to reload your plugin (e.g. reload your project) before the changes take effect.

7 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

FWIW, I always use CbB's internal JBridge bridge 32 bit components rather than using JBridger to create a wrapper DLL.

Just let it scan the 32 bit plugins as normal, then go into the plugin properties within Plugin Manager and set it to use the internal JBridge wrapper. CbB will then use JBridge rather than BitBridge to bridge the 32 bit plugin:

image.png.ae7753944b18b11d350f39f8f1459e96.png

Note you'll need to reload your plugin (e.g. reload your project) before the changes take effect.

Yes, except none of the 32-bit plugins show up,  and are not even processed by the scan...nothing in log except one mention of the path to the folder they are in.

10 minutes ago, Robert Bone said:

Yes, except none of the 32-bit plugins show up,  and are not even processed by the scan...nothing in log except one mention of the path to the folder they are in.

That would suggest a problem DLL in that directory.

Try moving them all to a different folder and placing them back one by one.