No sound

Rick Greenier

I am totally new to DAW's. I downloaded Bandlab, and set up a couple of tracks. It sounded just fine. The next day, I went into my tracks, and they played, but there was NO sound from my computer any more. I output to a surround sound system. Help told me to look for the "monitoring" icon, as this must be set on. I couldn't find the Monitoring icon. Also, Do I need some equipment that I don't know a bout?

13 hours ago, Rick Greenier said:

I am totally new to DAW's. I downloaded Bandlab, and set up a couple of tracks. It sounded just fine. The next day, I went into my tracks, and they played, but there was NO sound from my computer any more. I output to a surround sound system. Help told me to look for the "monitoring" icon, as this must be set on. I couldn't find the Monitoring icon. Also, Do I need some equipment that I don't know a bout?

Hi Rick. Welcome to Cakewalk and the Coffee House.

You would be best posting your question in the Cakewalk by Bandlab forum. There are sensible, helpful folk there who will walk you through your problem. The Coffee House is populated by men in their dotage with a becan (bacon) fixation.

If you got sound one day and not the next, then you don't need any further equipment. My "studio" consists of an ancient laptop and a pair of headphones. That's all that's needed.

• Like 1

Happened to me last night. 😁

The previous night i ended my practice rolling of the volume on my guitar. So, i turned the guitar back up and problem solved.

I'm not meaning to be glib. Check your signal path. Where are you getting signal? Where does it stop?

Edited by Gswitz

Sounds like you have the wrong output selected.  Right-click on the speaker icon (usually down at the far right of your screen) then select "Open Sound Settings".  There should be a dropdown listbox for you to check to see if you're sending the audio to the correct device.