Spitfire Felt Piano

cclarry

...or if you are in the UK $37.51 - thanks spitfire :)

(No place on this forum for politics and this isn't a political point.....I'm very pro Europe - pro US - pro One World but there is some kind of irony (?) that Spitfire, a UK company with an Iconic British brand name and image make it's local UK customers pay more than anywhere else in the world - even allowing for local taxes....just sayin') 

(sorry - on a rant today ! :) ) 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, simon said:

(No place on this forum for politics and this isn't a political point.....I'm very pro Europe - pro US - pro One World but there is some kind of irony (?) that Spitfire, a UK company with an Iconic British brand name and image make it's local UK customers pay more than anywhere else in the world - even allowing for local taxes....just sayin') 

We get it.   Now I'm seeing local sales tax added to purchases even from Sweetwater.    My local tax is high at 8.6%.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, simon said:

You can try using a VPN next time. 😉

1 hour ago, John Bohlen said:

You can try using a VPN next time. 😉

true, although I'm more than happy to pay taxes where it's due - and I'm lucky enough that the price doesn't actually matter too much - but it gives me the feeling that they don't really care and are just after our money.....as much money as possible or as much money as they can get away with.    I want everybody to be paid fairly but fair also means a level playing field.

I'd be just as annoyed if they made Americans or EU countries pay more - just because they want to.....it's just more ironic that they are called Spitfire which is seen as the iconic defender of the UK (way too simplistic I know!!!!) - same as British Petroleum having a lovely green sun logo.........(go Greta go!)

We're mainly musicians or artists here (I assume) and it's our job to call out bullsh*t when we see it,   

(right definitely gonna stop ranting now !)

On 2/7/2020 at 9:22 AM, Peter Hintze said:

what is the difference between the versions? 

The player is still quite a bit of a mess. If you basically freeze your PC, yeah, the Spitfire player does its job.

But it breaks in all sorts of weird ways otherwise.

For example, I needed to install a database tool at one point (unrelated to Spitfire, my day job is not music related) and Spitfire Player stopped working.

After uninstalling the database tool, Spitfire's player STILL failed to run properly.

Ultimately I HAD to uninstall the player, scrub the registry clean (yes, just uninstalling didn't work - wrote myself a small script), restart the PC and reinstall the player all over again to get it to recognize its own libraries.

Also, it no longer had an issue with my database tool this time around...

I feel a bit sorry for anyone who spent $499 on a Spitfire Player library (i.e. Hans Zimmer).

Edited by Cristian
  • Like 2