Weird ProChannel EQ Behavior

I was working on a mix when suddenly everything sounded strange and my levels were way down.  I checked everything and found that on all the tracks and buses where the ProChannel was turned on, there was a deep , wide -5.8 dB cut at 317 hz showing up in the low-mid band of all the EQ modules.   I turned the band off on all of them but it was back on a day later.  Only when I zeroed and turned off the band entirely did this stop happening.  But it also happened on tracks that didn't even have ProChannel enabled, though it wasn't evident sound-wise.

I was thinking maybe I had a bunch of tracks selected when I made a modification to one of the tracks and inadvertently adjusted them all, but none of my tracks had a cut at that frequency.  So, it's pretty strange behavior.  Anyone else notice something similar?  I'll report it as a bug if it happens again or if anyone else is experiencing this.

Bill

• Like 1

Hi and hello,

I once had terrible mess with ProChan QuadCurve EQ. 

Then I realized, Cakewalk doesn't save ProCha EQ adjustments within a projekt.

It should be  saved under: Cakewalk core/ProChannel presets/  but only if you had saved each

EQ Adjustment apart. 

After this bad experience I save all my EQ s with designated files in ProCha Presets.

I used to have much the same issue but mine would peg 3-5 K all the way. It would do it on most all channels . I could adjust them back to where there were supposed to be and save. Re open and have the same happen. This was on multiple projects so I quit using the Pro Ch EQ. Now some months later I have started using again and this has not happened again.  Never figured out why or why not. Do not recall seeing anything about it in any update bug fixes. Nice to have the EQ back now . 

Thanks guys.  I too make a habit of saving the track and bus ProChannel settings so I can restore as needed.  I've experienced the non-saved-settings issue but never the gross EQ anomaly on many channels at once.  Luckily, it hasn't happened since and i do have the important tracks and buses saved as PC presets.

Ciao,

Bill

• Like 1

Sounds like a scroll wheel spin with control key pressed and no tracks selected with your focus on the quad curve of a track?

Lots of times inadvertent moves where the user thinks the scroll just didn't work actually changed an effect parameter value.

I could be wrong. Honestly, being able to impact lots of tracks at once is a feature lots of us take good advantage of.

What am i saying?...

The behavior you see may not be random. Be deliberate as you move through your project. Errant key strokes can really cost you time. One of the most famous ones was hitting the O key instead of the I. O enabled offset mode at one time while I toggled the inspector. Once on, offset mode would totally confuse you. .. Offset mode has been unmapped from the O key now.

Edited by Gswitz