PA Flash Sale - Acme Opticom XLA-3

cclarry

16 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Ends up at $14.99 with both vouchers...not a great deal,
but not bad either

Not if you have a $75 or $50 voucher - the options there are not so good.  The (unintended?) consequences of having spend limits.  At the very least they could allow you to use the bigger value vouchers as a $25 voucher.

Ultimately what will happen is they will review in 6 months and see if they have sold more product than the same period last year.  If they have then the 'experiment' worked....if they haven't then they will (should) reconsider.

In the meantime my $75 voucher sits idle.  

yet more First World Problems :)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

Ends up at $14.99 with both vouchers...not a great deal,
but not bad either

I think the dayz we use to get plugins at 5 € is other , that said 15 is a greta price , i consider the threshold being 29 (thks waves for setting the new 99 lol) 

PA stuff are high quality and to feel better justvsee that it s alsmlst half of the uad catalog ;) 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zo said:

I think the dayz we use to get plugins at 5 € is other , that said 15 is a greta price , i consider the threshold being 29 (thks waves for setting the new 99 lol) 

PA stuff are high quality and to feel better justvsee that it s alsmlst half of the uad catalog ;) 

Yep, but thing is whatever quality it is they need to sell it constantly, every month to be able to keep their business running ;) 

UAD is doing also hardware, PA are soft only so they need to sell plugins in such way to earn enough money at least both for all their costs compensations and development.

Whatever odd it sounds I believe it is more beneficent to provide good quality plugins to lots of guys who do not appreciate it enough or even use it (lol? ;) than keep it with high prices to let buy them only by several who fully understand their awesomeness. :)

BTW I am curious what would be world like without 29 Revolution ? :) Maybe, paradoxically not so bad for us?

Not so tempted by prices we would have only few plugins which we could master and also more focus on music creation than not letting any excellent deal to be missed? 🙄

But well, my name is Piotr, I am addicted to plugin shopping... :(

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Piotr said:

Yep, but thing is whatever quality it is they need to sell it constantly, every month to be able to keep their business running ;) 

UAD is doing also hardware, PA are soft only so they need to sell plugins in such way to earn enough money at least both for all their costs compensations and development.

Whatever odd it sounds I believe it is more beneficent to provide good quality plugins to lots of guys who do not appreciate it enough or even use it (lol? ;) than keep it with high prices to let buy them only by several who fully understand their awesomeness. :)

BTW I am curious what would be world like without 29 Revolution ? :) Maybe, paradoxically not so bad for us?

Not so tempted by prices we would have only few plugins which we could master and also more focus on music creation than not letting any excellent deal to be missed? 🙄

I think the mistake is the persistance of data lol you do a sale once , people will wait until next time and at the same price max lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zo said:

I think the mistake is the persistance of data lol you do a sale once , people will wait until next time and at the same price max lol

Hm,  I think their secret statistics are true answer. I am very curious of them...

They question is how much income per month they can grab having plugins at let say average price $199 and how much at $49?  They cannot obviously decrease 'catalog' prices not to kill deal effect but is it really only their generosity a reason for sales? While I am still grateful for them I am doubting ;)

Also let's notice some old plugins are still great (many records we like were probably produced with them ;) so there are more and more great plugins to chose between... And will be even more...

So to be able to sell they need to refer to market and be up to date... Anyway PA is one of the most tuning its price policies last years.  They are still adjusting, evolving, learning, grabbing stats, adjusting. Valhalla is always at $50, no sales, but any their plugin is just $50 , So they don't waste time for looking at market and adjusting ;)

Setting prices to premium world and high level will need always to use sales as a tool for grabbing instant  attention... Like: My God, it is so great plugin and it is only for ...$ now with 75% discount , I need to inform also my friend at once not to let him miss this incredible deal, etc...

And of course we have different approach with subs providing small but constant income from a user, it needs to be small to get as many users as possible to collect enough money to make sense for it...

But true we are kind of subconsciously treating low price we met as kind of referral.  So they need to be careful with it :) Waves forced 29Revo to market with all consequences not only for them but also for competitors... It is possible it was planned... ;)

Anyway often manufactories which are producing and selling with small prices but with huge volumes are overcoming those which have politics premium things needs high price - no premium otherwise ;)

2 hours ago, Zo said:

I have a personal rule that I try to follow. If I lost a sale on a plugin with a great price this kind of sets my threshold point for it. I normally wait all the time needed to get this plugin for this price or lower. Of course, sometimes I cannot resist. But this has happened very occasionally 🙂.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Piotr said:

IK group buys bring out the worst in me.   I've lost interest in Waves because their scheme just brings confusion.  Having so much stuff is getting overwhelming.   I see more videos of people using stock plugins.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lizzie Foster said:

I was okay with the $14.99 price. But then I realized I already own it.  Sigh.  I don't really use the PA stuff much.  There's 2 or 3.  But I'm also a hobbyist without a lot of time. 

at least the PA website warns you if you try to buy it again :)

• Like 1

i say let's wait for the kazrog one , and see .... 

Acme by the way is more a color box for me , and this is when i disovered Ray work (Fuse audio labs) and really reconise it's sat algo witch i love .

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Zo said:

i say let's wait for the kazrog one , and see .... 

Acme by the way is more a color box for me , and this is when i disovered Ray work (Fuse audio labs) and really reconise it's sat algo witch i love .

hm, so both Fuse Audio Labs and Black Rooster Audio are created by former Brainworx workers...  now we have also Nembrini Audio...

Seems like Brainworx is nice start in the path for own plugin business :)

1 hour ago, Piotr said:

hm, so both Fuse Audio Labs and Black Rooster Audio are created by former Brainworx workers...  now we have also Nembrini Audio...

Seems like Brainworx is nice start in the path for own plugin business :)

Yep or the prices don t pay bills and salaries lol ...

• Like 1