How to get rid of pulsating noise in audio

Bob Lyn

Question

Hey all, I have tracks that were fine for sometime now, all of a sudden several have developed this loud pulsating noise which reminds me of white noise that overrides audio.     This occurs on raw  MP3 import  or recorded audio at differing locations.   I certainly  don't want  to rerecord all tracks, any help would be appreciated. 

5 answers to this question

I uploaded a sample, don't know if it works. Parts of the song in question plays perfectly fine up the 20 measures or so and plays OK thereafter. I have no plugins on trial  that I am aware of and no compression in use.  Think of that dreaded hiss  of a TV with no antenna connected, riding on top of music but pulsating. That's the best I can come up with.

sample.mp3

Just took a listen bob, your right it does sound just like TV static. I would try disabling all plug ins (the FX module to bypass all of them). This will at least rule out a plug in problem. TBH, this does sound a lot like a plug in in demo mode. Some of them give off bursts of white noise.

Almost sounds like the possibility of a bad cable as well. How are you mixing ? What kind of sound device/Audio interface are you using ? 

Edited by chuckebaby