Uninstall Old CW Bandlab version B4 Installing updated version?

musikman1

Question

Hi,

Do I need to first uninstall/remove my old version of CW Bandlab before installing the newest updated 2020 version, or does the new version install like a "patch" over the older version?

Also, has the newest version been proven to be stable? I have some older Sonar bundle files that I can load into Sonar Platinum just fine, and once converted to project files, they seem to open in CW Bandlab pretty well.  Just want to make sure  I'm not going to be dealing with any issues after installing the new version, because I haven't yet finished converting all the bun files.

Thanks, any help appreciated.

7 answers to this question

Seems OK.

Some users have managed to get Toontrack plug-ins in their VST3 folder. Toontrack are VST2 only, they do not make VST3 plug-ins. Pretty sure this is a bug in the Toontrack installer. Installing VST2 plug-ins in the VST3 is a problem. The VST scanner no longer picks up VST2 plug-ins installed in the VST3 folder. VST2 plug-ins need to be moved out of the VST3 folder.

15 minutes ago, musikman1 said:

Thanks for that info, so can VST2 plugs be used at all? If they need to be moved out of the VST3 folder,  just need to be placed in a separate folder, then the scanner will pick them up once that folder is added to the scan list, correct?

Yes,  VST2 plugins can be used.  As long as the VST2 plugins are in a folder the Cakewalk by Bandlab is configured to scan, but not the VST3 folder, then yes, the CbB scanner will pick them up.

Edited by Promidi

I understand, thanks again.

Guess I'll have to go through and determine if I still have any VST2 plugins. I think I remember seeing a few that have the option of being used as either VST2 or VST3. 

If I remember correctly, I think in certain plugins' window there's a dropdown list where you can choose to use it as either 2 or 3, I could be mistaken.