Crackling When Screen Updates

Anthony Newett

Question

Hi,

I switched from Sonar to Cakewalk.  I've been very happy with the transition.

I use Focusrite Clarett 8PreUSB.  I recently got a new PC, as my mother board just suddenly died.  I got a very high-end gaming PC (I know... I know... I'm reading that this wasn't necessary, and maybe even problematic in some ways).  The processor is very fast, and I have 32G of RAM.  Running like a clock, EXCEPT, whenever I move the screen in any way with my mouse, the audio crackles.  I HATE IT!  I don't know what to do.

I have went through THREADS AND THREADS of posts with similar issues, but the posts are old and many of the suggestions aren't even applicable to the latest version of Windows 10.

HELP!

Anthony Newett

Latencymon reported that the machine is in good for audio (however it words it).

As for returning, it's just a trip to Best Buy.  No big deal.  But, here's another point of interest: I just uninstalled the Radeon drivers, and used a generic Windows driver as an experiment.  Of course, only one monitor worked, but the problem was completely gone.  I reinstalled the Radeon drivers, and the problem came back in all its glory.  I even installed a driver that's a year old from Radeon, to see what would happen.  Same problem.

I am definitely ordering a new card.  If it doesn't work, I will return it.  As for this $300 Radeon card that I'll be stuck with (can't return it, as it was bundled with the PC), I suppose I can sell it privately.  Thoughts?

I will keep you posted!  Thanks!

-Anthony