Problem when upgrading to latest CW Bandlab version

George Cowan

Question

Hi ,

Tried to update to latest version of CWBL via Assistant.

Assistant error shown in Photo below  basically its a Movefile 183  when trying to run the VSTSCAN.exe.

I've tried to run it twice it failed and chose the abort /roll back option..

CWBL now not available in ,my win 10.

Any thoughts.... ]

Back ground  - 2 wildcards in the last few days that may (or may not be) relevant.

1) New Trial software …. Last night -  pre update of CWBL - I downloaded  the latest version of Sooth 2 on 20 day trial which uses an Ilok manager which I have installed.

I  worked on CWBL with Sooth  successfully for a few hours (this was  on CWBL Previous Version ) . I had the CWBL version latest update  failure this morning 

2) Bandlab Assistant issues when updating from within CWBL from the DAW message...

I always try to update  to the latest  version CWBL from  the CWBL update message that is shown on launch of the CWBL DAW.

Infrequently this method has failed  ( including the latest update) normally the message will inform me to  reinstall BL assistant and run the update from BL Assistant

- again I've had problems with the Reinstall BA  process not working first time but usually I get it to work eventually as it did today.

Normally this allows me to eventually  update  successfully CWBL from BL Assistant but Not Today as the message attached shows..

thanks George

Bandlab error.JPG

Screenshot_20200205-153859_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Edited by George Cowan
Hi rebooted machine.....Cakewalk app available - opened and got the message above...looks like rollback didn't work....see last photo.....it looks like the rollback didn't fully ...so I'm looking for advice on how to go forward?

4 answers to this question

Hi SCook

Thanks for getting back so soon.

I rebooted and CWBL app reappeared icon reappeared on Win 10 home screen.

Clicked on it and it  launched .

Screenshot below  2019 .12 build 26.

I'ts worked for an hour with "smooth" trial working fine.

Not done heavy lifting on it but will hammer it later tonight.

Haven't seen any issues so far .

Still a bit concerned about using  Bandlab Assistant for CWBL updates  on my machine .

Is  BL Assistant  actually needed for updates if the option to update CWBL is available from  the CW BL launch  message ?

Assuming  it is  still required - is there a comprehensive uninstall process that I can use on BL Assistant.Followed by a clean reinstall in case it's still buggy?

Thanks 

George 

Screenshot_20200205-190355_Yahoo Mail.jpg

BA actually performs the update and reactivation. Personally, I always make sure CbB is shutdown and use BA to update.

You should not need to perform a clean reinstall. Running the uninstall from BA then reinstalling should be enough. Here is an image that shows where the uninstall option is located (ignore the red box around Add-ons I used this image for another post).

3WgsmGz.png

Thanks SCook.

I had a " pain free " night working away for a couple of hours.

The components mismatch still appeared on launch (see photo above) on reboot of CWBL .I take the continue option and haven't seen any issues.

"Smooth trial " worked fine throughout the session.

I'll take your advice above on the update CWBL update process in future .

Thanks again 

George