Frozen Plain Phoenix

cclarry

Bring new lush atmospheric dimensions to your productions with Phoenix, a sound design VST/AU synth

This instrument is based on a set of smooth synthetic strings and choir samples. These can be used to create wide strings backdrops and ethereal choirs instantly. Phoenix takes these sounds to the next level with the sample-based synthesis engine that powers it, Mirage. With it, you can process the instruments in three separate audio layers, with envelopes, LFOs, filters, and a whole rack of effects.

The result is a sound design tool perfect for creating cinematic pads, keys and basses, and for easy underscoring. Examples of such sounds are included in the 80 production-ready presets that come with the product. These are broken into five categories: basses, keys, leads, pads and sound effects.

See and hear Phoenix presets in action in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7pN7tyu9oA

Get Phoenix Now - Only $35

Already Own Phoenix for Kontakt?

If you've already bought Phoenix for Kontakt on frozenplain.com, you can pick up Phoenix for Mirage for only $5. Log into your account on frozenplain.com and visit the Phoenix: Mirage page to see the price change to $5.

This product was initially created for Kontakt and has now been moved to Mirage. This new version of Phoenix is a reinterpretation of the old samples. We believe this new version is slightly better for rapid sound design and for ease-of-use.

What is different about the Mirage version?
The core sound is essentially the same except for the following two changes: the tuning of one of the instruments has been improved, and all samples have been trimmed of unnecessary length. The Kontakt version and the Mirage version are powered by different engines with different architectures; however, the features of each are roughly comparable.

Why might you want to purchase the new version?

If you own the Kontakt version, you might consider purchasing this new version if you would like to access the Phoenix sounds in Mirage, a new engine that will continue to grow and improve. Mirage is excellent for rapid sound design and ease-of-use. It is also a consistent interface that is used by other FrozenPlain products.

You might also consider the new version if you would like access to the 80 brand new presets. These presets are production-ready. They demonstrate the capabilities of Phoenix are an accessible gateway to mastering your own sound design using this tool.

More sounds to come

This is the first Kontakt library that we moved to our new engine and we intend to move over others too. Mirage has great potential for sound design and ease-of-use. We think it can be a brilliant host for many of our existing Kontakt-only libraries. Which library would you like to see ported next?

We are by no means just rereleasing old products though. New sounds on are the way! 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, antler said:

The previous version (like the one I have) was for Kontakt. Not sure if it's worth me upgrading; it's only $5, but that could be $5 I put towards another deal...

I got it.   There are more presets.   I bought it thinking it was a Kontakt expansion.   Love the simple GUI.  

3 hours ago, ZincT said:

You can buy the Kontakt version from the APD shop for $14.99 if you have enough rewards...

https://audioplugin.deals/phoenix-by-frozen-plain/ 

Then I assume from the above posts that it would be $5 to upgrade?

So that's $19.99 for the latest Mirage version.

The only thing is in Larry's post it says this:

Already Own Phoenix for Kontakt?

If you've already bought Phoenix for Kontakt on frozenplain.com, you can pick up Phoenix for Mirage for only $5. Log into your account on frozenplain.com and visit the Phoenix: Mirage page to see the price change to $5.

Emphasis mine. So based on that it might not work.

30 minutes ago, Toffo said:

The only thing is in Larry's post it says this:

Emphasis mine. So based on that it might not work.

Yes I wondered the same myself so I have emailed FrozenPlain and will post back when they reply.

From the looks of it, their website will check your account for Phoenix and alter the price of the new version accordingly.
I don't see how it can tell who you bought the Kontakt version from.  Anyway, we'll see what they say.

In many ways I would rather have a Kontakt version than yet another 3rd party host system to manage/update etc.

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 1

I said to FrozenPlain ...

If I own Phoenix which I purchased from AudioPluginDeals can I still upgrade to the new version for $5?

This was their reply...

Yep, would you be able to send some sort of proof of purchase? I can set up a coupon for you.

Best regards,

Sam

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Odd. My purchases from APD are in my FP account.

APD are selling the Kontakt version but FP are selling the new version using Mirage. Now I am wondering whether purchasing the APD version will turn into the Mirage version anyway when you register it at FP 🤔

1 hour ago, ZincT said:

APD are selling the Kontakt version but FP are selling the new version using Mirage. Now I am wondering whether purchasing the APD version will turn into the Mirage version anyway when you register it at FP 🤔

I will not, it shows as (Legacy), but allows you to upgrade for $5.00 (did this earlier)

• Thanks 1

Brilliant, thanks for the update on the $5 update guys!

Edit: Confirmed as well that this works, bought from APD, redeemed serial on FP site, bought Mirage version for $5 on FP site.

Edited by Toffo