Eddies T-shirt

Paul Bush

Yeah maybe late seventies , the production and tone quality isnt too good either , it was one of those quickie songs , I certanly didnt push the musical barriers on this one or on any of my songscome to that , they tend to lean to a  pretty standard structure ...... I´m just soo eager to please ..... i think its time maybe to take a break for a while I´m really starting to repeat myself (musically).... maybe I´m getting  lazy .. I really do appreciate the  critism and feedback, a million times beter indifference and silence                cheers paul DB

• Like 1

Thanks Tom ,   I really do  appreciate all the response I get here on this forum last year I posted songs on music groups on FC and absolutely nothing, not even something snotty which I dont mind at all , Ive also posted stuff here in Austria and once again ``nicht`s´´ mind you the competion here is rather hard I just heard that   `` puppet on a string´´ by Sandie shaw just stormed the charts at number  24.... . I dont have a problem to look at myself in the miror and take stock, when  I get in a music block or in a rutt,  its then time to  start jamming with drum tracks with different rythums with my trusted homemade Tele , my mexican Strat , and japanese Ibanez . And do some honest playing  working up a sweat getting down and dirty (sounds rather American that) a super riff will allways rear its ugly head ,  play, jamm and inspire that´s my motto , once again thanks for the encouraging comments Tom regards Paul DB

• Great Idea 1

Thanks Nigel , I think I did the riff with the tele  solo on my mexican strat...... Now Mink DeVille I remeber them from way back , they had a hit with..... ..i cant remember the name but we sang long with it a lot , now that`s  going to nag me for ages   ``something swing `´´??? I´ll have to google it up  cheers paul DB

Hey guy`s I`m really pleased to hear that you liked the tone of my  ``homemade Tele´´ , I´m still stugling a bit with the string height but the neck is just super  I used a wood stain and then a 5 -6 coats of clear silk finnish laquer , just soo smooth .. and noo it belongs to eddie .... Ed........ cheers paul DB

I liked it, a cool Rick Springfield vibe. On the lead vocal where it's not doubled, I'd be tempted to sing another nearly identical take, get it tuned nicely, and then mix it in compressed and at a lower volume. I can hear you do this sort of thing elsewhere in the song. 

Mixwise I think the bass guitar and kick drum could come up a bit.

fun listen!

cheers,

-Tom

Thanks Tom , I  tried  adding a second  vocal and then mixed in a vocorder (3rd) type thing ..it souned like donald duck on helium  ..I´m just getting to grips with all the features on bandlad  ( learning by doing ) so I hope the next song wll be an improvement upuntill now Ive struggled with the technical side of things  so i´m now taking my time  , my problem is,  after writting and recording a song I tend to rush the mixdown stage