Some ideas

pepe44

I´ve been testing the workflow of cakewalk for two days , just to try it out and here is my list, till now, from what i think it should be considered to-do.

-Tap tempo - come one, this one is...! i know the workaround in the tempo list.

-Mousewheel over mixer faders moves the fader, not possible to change in preferences.

-Crossfades on timeselection clips ( without having the automatic fades on) should be easy access from shortcut key.

-Naming inputs / outputs of mono channels with different stereo names.
example:

Audio interface with 8 ins and 8 outs

If we name input 1, it will rename input two with same name because one is left and the other is right // they are stereo pairs.

-Soloing bus tracks with external insert is not possible, with VSTs plugins insert is possible.

-Making possible to show prochannel only for selected tracks // option in a menu

- Folder tracks could work has a bus for processing audio. I know that there are dedicated bus tracks for that but folders could take care of that too.

-When naming tracks TAB should be able to go to next track.

Edited by pepe44
  • Great Idea 1

A few of these things are already available in Cakewalk.

- Tempo Tap is located in the Insert>Tempo change command

https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=SONAR X3&language=3&help=Dialogs2.116.html

- Mouse wheel will change fader volume if you click on that fader.

- Crass fades can be made by grabbing the upper end of the clip (if thats what you mean).

On 2/4/2020 at 6:55 PM, pepe44 said:

Making possible to show prochannel only for selected tracks // option in a menu

Im not even sure what to say about this. Inspector module or the tab to use the PC fly out. Select tracks, hold down CNTRL+Clik PC tab

There are a lot of features within Cakewalk. might help to google a few of these things to make sure they are not already there. It would save time on this list and possibly help you out in the long run.

On 2/6/2020 at 7:04 PM, chuckebaby said:

A few of these things are already available in Cakewalk.

- Tempo Tap is located in the Insert>Tempo change command

https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=SONAR X3&language=3&help=Dialogs2.116.html

Thanks. That helps, i would prefer tap just right there on the top bar or with a shortcutkey

I find it a bit odd having that behaviour. Things should be pratical. :D

- Crass fades can be made by grabbing the upper end of the clip (if thats what you mean).

Imagine two clips you just split and edit, is there a way you select a portion of both clips, right in the middle and hit a key to create a crossfade. not a fade in )on the  left clip) and a fade in ( on the right clip) ?

Im not even sure what to say about this. Inspector module or the tab to use the PC fly out. Select tracks, hold down CNTRL+Clik PC tab

There are a lot of features within Cakewalk. might help to google a few of these things to make sure they are not already there. It would save time on this list and possibly help you out in the long run.

That does the trick, found it easy of access after posting here.

Thanks for your replies  ;)

On 2/8/2020 at 8:01 AM, pepe44 said:

I find it a bit odd having that behaviour. Things should be pratical. :D

This is by design. The scroll wheel is used to move around the active window usually, or to scroll through track headers, etc.  Imagine if you're scrolling a track list and your mouse goes over the volume fader and you change your mix by accident. Having to actively make a decision to select the control you want to affect definitely stops unwanted changes.

• Like 1