Pulling out my hair cause of this issue.

Calvin

I can't for the life of me find the cause of this sound. I have tried multiple fixes like the idefender 3.0 by ifi it didnt work. I thought it was a ground loop but not sure now. Could it be dirty power? my set up is guitar into a behringer d.i. box into the behringer u-phoria umc22 usb audio interface into my pc. (pc is an overpowered gaming pc. 16 gb of ram amd ryzen 2700 cpu)  https://clyp.it/b41pag14

Edited by Calvin
fixed sound clip

6 minutes ago, chuckebaby said:

Run me through your I/O (Input/output) diagram @Calvin.

Are you running the guitar via 1/4 input thru the parallel and the output from the XRL into your mic pre amp on the  u-phoria umc22 ?

Or running the 1/4 parallel via 1/4 parallel out ?

Okay so the diagram is like this.  guitar 1/4th imput to di box on the out side(right jack) di box to audio interface via xlr/1/4 cable then usb from the back of the interface to the pc with a pair of headphones in the headphone jack of the interface

3 minutes ago, chuckebaby said:

Another factor here is the plug in, your audio clip sounds very close to a high gain distortion plug in. The intriguing thing is the oscillating  sound (like birds).

Exactly the only way it goes away is if i mute all tracks. 

20 hours ago, Calvin said:

Yes the noise gets a little lower when i touch the bridge. I am trying to get a decent metal tone so there is a bit of gain in the signal chain x.x.  @chuckebaby

Then your probably going to have to put up with a little bit of noise.

Let me ask though, what kind of guitar are you using ? If its a fender with SSS (single coils) then the 50 cycle hum is a killer, its one of the main reasons I switched to a Humbucker in the bridge of my #1 axe (an 06 Fender USA).

As you can see its a one knob (volume/tone bypassed) 1 Humbucker racing machine for one thing only... Metal !!!

Similar to Eddie Van Halen's guitar set ups on his early VH albums.

strat.JPG.6cd25a7673f295a5ffd93a2dc94c1ef4.JPG

A gate will help with the noise issue though. There is one in the pro channel modules. Its not great but does the job.

Im a tone seeker, always have been, looking for the ultimate tone and will keep doing so. I have sets of Amp heads and speakers, ranging from V30s, greenbacks, eminence red coats, exc. I have stacks, 1x12's, combos, exc.

Micing the cab is always the best route. plug ins are good for getting ideas down and sometimes, with the proper pre amps (I use a Focusrite ISA ONE) boost the tone before its input. Not always practical though in a small bedroom I understand.

Possibly the reason I answered your post and not many have, because ive fought the noise war using high gain amps, plug ins for years and I know what its like. The di is a good idea because of the ground lift options, but your interface has a DI built in. What you don't want to do is run line in to line in. using the mic pre amp through an XLR cable will help as long as the pre amp options on your interface are set up correctly.

Ok I did ALOT of work last night (and research) i didn't understand that i only needed half the gain that i thought i would (bedroom tone i would dial in 3 o'clock or so) in the daw i only need 9-12 o'clock. It still doesnt have the crunch that i would like but i will try a preamp in between the tube screamer plugin and the emisary. The guitar that i'm using is a dean dimebolt it's HH 3 way switch vol vol tone. @chuckebaby

1 hour ago, Calvin said:

Ok I did ALOT of work last night (and research) i didn't understand that i only needed half the gain that i thought i would (bedroom tone i would dial in 3 o'clock or so) in the daw i only need 9-12 o'clock. It still doesnt have the crunch that i would like but i will try a preamp in between the tube screamer plugin and the emisary. The guitar that i'm using is a dean dimebolt it's HH 3 way switch vol vol tone. @chuckebaby

That's the strange thing about recording vs. playing live. Don't be afraid to dial back a little bit of the pre gain volume. Set it up like you want it, then dial it back. It removes the sizzle and harshness that comes with over drive.

A pre amp really does do a great job in the front end of a recording on electric guitars. I've been using one for years and recently switched over the ISA ONE. Its almost as if it acts like an active pick up. real gritty and soaring.

Let me know how this works out for you and I'd love to hear it when its done.

They should already be installed if you downloaded everything from the Bandlab app. If the plug in doesn't show up in FX... You may have to install more than the core package of cakewalk. Use the Install Add on option in the Bandlab app

Introduction.30.4.png

There  are a few really good amp/cab combo's in TH3 that are heavy as H !

Totally geared towards Dime's sound. not sure if those cabs are unlocked but you'll get a good ballpark idea. This is a great way to get ideas down and also get some really good recordings. As I said, I always mic my amps/cabs but that isn't always an option and this is where Guitar amp VST's really thrive.