Clip Fade (mouse) not working - NEVERMIND!

ashtangakasha

[SOLVED]    [BRAIN TRANSPLANT REQUIRED]

With a track in Clips mode, and the Smart tool selected, I should be able to hover the mouse pointer over either end of a clip, and (near the top) see the mouse pointer change into a triangle to indicate I'm about to manually set up a fade. This is not working.

I just installed the latest version of CbB on a new PC with very few other apps installed. I'm using a Logitech trackball, as I've done for several years. Windows is 10/64, latest rev.

When I hover over either end of a clip, the pointer changes to the trim icon, and I can stretch or shorten the clip as usual. And Ctrl+Shift shows the double-arrows for slip editing, as usual. But no way can I use the mouse to add a fade in or out to a clip. 

Is this a bug? Some oddity with certain pointing devices? Or have I just lost my mind and imagined this should work. The latter is possible, since I've been using Cake since DOS days . . .

OH. NEVERMIND.

I did indeed lose my mind. Got so tangled up in prepping the new PC that I was trying to fade a MIDI clip. I left this post so people might learn from this particular instance of unmitigated idiocy.

Thanks in advance, and apologies to anyone starting to reply to my original question!

Allen

Edited by ashtangakasha
stupidity
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1