Joe Bonamassa is coming to town!

Mesh

20 minutes ago, Pragi said:

Mesh,

I have not been in a Bonamassa concert cause of the ticket prices. 130 Bucks and more.

He musst be a very good LIVE MUSICIAN and Entertainer .I habe seen a lot of good live Videos of hin.

Yeah Pragi, I've also only seen the live footage (very good indeed). IIRC, someone said he's very professional and the shows are well worth it (in my case, it's $152 right by the mixing booth). 

• Like 1

On 2/3/2020 at 2:19 PM, Mesh said:

Yeah Pragi, I've also only seen the live footage (very good indeed). IIRC, someone said he's very professional and the shows are well worth it (in my case, it's $152 right by the mixing booth). 

He puts on very good shows.

However, there isn't a musicain alive I'd personally pay $150 for outside of a private event to see play.  

8 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

However, there isn't a musicain alive I'd personally pay $150 for outside of a private event to see play.  

That pricing did make me think twice, but my wife I don't go to many concerts and I wanted her to see Joe live on stage.

Happy Valentine's day? :ph34r:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Then, if you did, some idiot kid will stick his iPhone in front of your view trying to record the concert...

(And that inevitably leads to all the Police paperwork you'll need to fill out explaining why you stole some kid's phone and spiked it into a cement wall...😁)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, craigb said:

Then, if you did, some idiot kid will stick his iPhone in front of your view trying to record the concert...

(And that inevitably leads to all the Police paperwork you'll need to fill out explaining why you stole some kid's phone and spiked it into a cement wall...😁)

Fortunately, most of the crowd will be...uhmmm...grown adults. So, not only a broken phone, but also assault and battery? :o 

2 hours ago, craigb said:

As a professional photographer/videographer few thing irk me more than a vertically shot concert on a cell phone.  

Unfortunately the ticket prices don't even put a limitting factor on admittance of these individuals.  In their defense somewhere along  the way a tipping point occurs and at the rate they pay they should be allowed to do anything they want.  😂

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

We went to JB's show on Sunday and was a good concert. The band was excellent (some hall of famers) and Joe was on point. However, his sound was a bit on the echoing side and not crisp/clean (possibly the venue or sound engineer IDK). They played for about 2 hrs. and we were hoping he'll play much longer...but, no go.

Overall, it was somewhat of a let down as we expected a little more playing from him, but still had a good time.

A few years back we went to see J. Satriani (different venue) and he was excellent (sound wise/played for 3+ hrs.). Compared to JB's show, Satch was night and day....a show to remember and would definitely go see G3/Satch in a heartbeat.

Brian, you might be right in paying $150 only if it's private party ;). The price for Satch was somewhere around $85 and that was well worth every cent.

@craigb  there weren't any 'kids' at that show.....the average age was close to 60+.  My wife and I just chuckled as when we saw Satch (who is 60+), the average crowd age was 30+....a total contrast.

• Like 1