Ummet Ozcan Genesis Pro Preview

cclarry

have tested on my Surface book pro 2 .. 

my first impressions are :

globally, it consumes a lot of CPU (about 16%) on its own, the 32bit mode does not seem to be appropriate for this VST, and cause issues on x64 CBL Daw.

The sound is impressive ... I encountered difficulties to install (invalid license etc ...), moving the DLL in another directory, because by default it install everything in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg... I managed to solve everything on my own

I have Jbridged it in 64b, nevertheless I still have glitches with this VST and sometimes drop out audio in CWB  !! I had to increase the latency on my ASIO driver, (scarlet focuscrite). it's the first VST that forces me to do this. most probably due to the fact that it goes through a 32 / 64 bits bridge ... and clearly the code must not be optimized correctly.  C++ ?

in summary,  it is urgent that the editor wears it in 64bits native. nevertheless for 1 euro it's just impressive. the harmonize function is bluffing !! so it's a VST to have in your collection. and especially to follow in its evolution. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It does not currently run except as a 32-bit plug in 64 bit DAW's that have native bridging, so Cakewalk might work. The plan is to graft on a BitBridge version rather than compile for 64. Anyone actually install and use this on CW? Still at this price it might be worth the bandwidth and storage, but more likely not the learning investment. I am at least a year behind on mastering the synths I have bought as no-brainers over the years. What I need is an inexpensive brain.

Never Mind: 

Edited by slartabartfast
new info in another thread
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, slartabartfast said:

It does not currently run except as a 32-bit plug in 64 bit DAW's that have native bridging, so Cakewalk might work. The plan is to graft on a BitBridge version rather than compile for 64. Anyone actually install and use this on CW? Still at this price it might be worth the bandwidth and storage, but more likely not the learning investment. I am at least a year behind on mastering the synths I have bought as no-brainers over the years. What I need is an inexpensive brain.

He removed the 64 bit (bridged) version that he had up due to the issues...
I got it before it was removed and it works perfectly in Cubase...

To use it in CbB or S14 you have to run them as admin, or use the work
around that Matt posted...