Ummet Ozcan Genesis Pro Preview

cclarry

10 minutes ago, Mesh said:

I want to a piece of that 'digital version of his musical brain'. Seriously though, can't beat the price with what's offered (not sure how he's going to make money off of this).

Better to sell 100,000 copies at $1 than 100 copies at $100!

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 2

True, true, true...but that $1 is just bordering being a freebie.

Either way, don't think I'll be getting this (most likely will end up collecting virtual dust). Arturia's V collection has got all my synth needs.  ;)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cclarry said:

(I'm so bad at maths that I nearly reached for the calculator to check the difference 😄)

maybe he doesn't need the cash ?

also there might be added benefits to his musical profile - he could also charge for presets or addons ?

either way looking good :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 Euro is a bit of a red flag, he's really trying to sell it as a synth that has features that no other synth has done, and the video is a bit overproduced. "Too good to be true" is a phrase that is screaming into my head all throughout the video.

I am still considering picking it up because of the price, and out of curiosity.

Edited by Freyja Grimaude-Valens
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, cclarry said:

Absolutely this!

I have over 10 plugins from Waves and just one instrument from Spitfire. This tells me that I spent more on Waves over the years than on Spitfire, and I still may consider to buy some more from Waves in the future but don't plan buying from Spitfire because of high prices (well unless they decide to sell BBC Strings alone for affordable price then maybe yes :D). I started buying slowly into waves right after they dropped prices to $29, do have have to say more? ;) 

for $1 I will buy without even thinking about it and without any feelings, don't even have to care if it will come out great or useless later on

Edited by chris.r
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, chris.r said:

Absolutely this!

I have over 10 plugins from Waves and just one instrument from Spitfire. This tells me that I spent more on Waves over the years than on Spitfire, and I still may consider to buy some more from Waves in the future but don't plan buying from Spitfire because of high prices (well unless they decide to sell BBC Strings alone for affordable price then maybe yes :D). I started buying slowly into waves right after they dropped prices to $29, do have have to say more? ;) 

for $1 I will buy without even thinking about it and without any feelings, don't even have to care if it will come out great or useless later on

There are 4 libraries by Spitfire that are $30 each, with possibly more on its way.