Gray Haired Men

David Sprouse

Gary,  I suffer from a condition called anhedonia.  I hope you didn't think that I mean the other songs in the forum are stupid. ( I mean MY stuff.) This is just a little fun in my otherwise gray existence.  Thank you for taking the time to listen and comment.

Edited by David Sprouse
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Jesse Screed said:

Hey Davey,

True expression right there.  Earth.  It put a smile on my face and I felt drunk, happy drunk.

Who is Clifton Leaf

and who are those fellas in the picture?  I feel like I have seen them somewhere before.

Clifton used to be a friend ......Those are Fin de Siecle  characters (Brahms in the middle).  

Edited by David Sprouse

Fun one. It has a drunken quality to the rhythm yet I can hear the beat, which of courses seems to change just when you latch on. I liked the clav? patch in this, it added some funky grit to the proceedings! Yes also to the Zappa nod . . . hope it was as fun for you to create, David! 

cheers,

-Tom

On 2/3/2020 at 7:01 AM, Starise said:

Interesting mix of ideas!

I might try to pull the drums in just a tad. Seemed slightly off here and there. More accentuated accents, especially with regard to the bass, would give this a more varied dynamics range.

I fixed most of it.  It's still a little rocky.  Thx 4 listening and commenting.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2020 at 4:32 PM, emeraldsoul said:

Fun one. It has a drunken quality to the rhythm yet I can hear the beat, which of courses seems to change just when you latch on. I liked the clav? patch in this, it added some funky grit to the proceedings! Yes also to the Zappa nod . . . hope it was as fun for you to create, David! 

cheers,

-Tom

It makes more sense after I tightened things.   Zappa's not in my wheelhouse,  I need to investigate.  :D:D