Tracktion Waveform Pro 30% off Pre-Order Sale

cclarry

Get ready, Waveform Pro is coming soon! Pre-order your upgrade today and SAVE 30% off the regular pricing.

You will be first in line to download when Waveform Pro launches later in February.

You have the option to download early access betas.

Upgrade to Waveform Pro (v11)
Pre-order Upgrade from Waveform 10 for $49 (normally $69) » Upgrade Now
Pre-order Upgrade from Waveform 9 for $59 (normally $89) » Upgrade Now
Pre-order Upgrade from Waveform 8 for $79 (normally $109) » Upgrade Now

All Waveform 10 orders since Jan 1, 2020 will receive a free upgrade to Waveform Pro (v11).

What's New In Waveform

Cutting edge contemporary DAW designed for musicians.
Improved UI/UX with user customizable actions and layouts.
Multi screen and touch screen management.
Inspirational MIDI composition tools.

https://www.tracktion.com/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2020-02-01

Take a look at the new Waveform in this hands on video with Woody at NAMM 2020.

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 1

Too fewer updates before upgrades.   That gets moved out of by budget DAW list.   A Reaper license is $69, Mixcraft Pro upgrade $29.   They seem to wander in the direction of Reason by making more plugins and less attention to the DAW.    I just found it clumsy to work with.   Their free DAW just can't compare to Bandlab. I've had a license of Tracktion since it came out and 9 was the end for me since I have too many DAWs and feel they are moving out of the budget territory.   I'm sure I would be dumb enough to fork over $25 for an upgrade.

Edited by kitekrazy

I like what they're trying to do with Waveform, i.e. theoretically it's the kind of DAW I always wanted. In practice, I felt they took some of the streamlining too far and the UI ended up feeling like a minefield due to all the non-conventional, great-on-paper usability features (including context-sensitivity) that mostly reflect the development team's suffering from ostrich effect. I could have looked past that and tried reconditioning myself if it weren't for the horribly sluggish performance and instability. All-in-all the "work"-"flow" effectively felt like running in quicksand. I'll definitely revisit when the word is out that they've gotten their shit together, until then not going to waste my valuable time with a bad demo of a good philosophy.

Edited by sarine

I started with version 8 because of the  MIDI pattern generator tool, and then stopped at version 9. I looked at 10, but didn't see any "must-have" new features.

However,  v11 looks interesting with the new arranger track, and the improved chord track that now controls both audio and MIDI. Previously it was MIDI only. And the new chord companion looks useful too.

FYI, starting with this new release, Waveform Free will be based on the same code base as Waveform 11 (Pro), rather than an older version. Haven't seen any feature comparisons yet to see what the free version includes.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 2

That little blip of "Audio now follows chord track" at the 43 second mark also stands out (I don't think that was mentioned in the OP video). I have T8 and T10, but could never get into the work flow of it (particularly the FX insert layout), but Traktion continues to include a lot of features that composers have been requesting for a long time. Drag/drop arranger track, chord track, task specific layouts, etc. are huge for composition. There are so many times that I commit audio to a key, then want to either change key or the chord progression "at will" and that is not always the simplest task to perform in many DAWs.

47 minutes ago, mettelus said:

That little blip of "Audio now follows chord track" at the 43 second mark also stands out (I don't think that was mentioned in the OP video). I have T8 and T10, but could never get into the work flow of it (particularly the FX insert layout), but Traktion continues to include a lot of features that composers have been requesting for a long time. Drag/drop arranger track, chord track, task specific layouts, etc. are huge for composition. There are so many times that I commit audio to a key, then want to either change key or the chord progression "at will" and that is not always the simplest task to perform in many DAWs.

In the OP NAMM video, Woody talks about Tracktion being aimed directly at musicians and the creative production process. They deliberately don't add features for the professional engineer, and are not trying to compete with other DAWs, which could clutter up the experience of making music fun, easy, & creative.

Although it doesn't even resemble PreSonus Studio One Pro 4, those are some features available there. S1 has had an arranger track for some time, and just added chord track in the v4. I was wondering if Tracktion would ever get around to including audio in the chord track like S1, because they  already had ARA support and included a license for the basic version of Melodyne since Waveform 8.

I think that Waveform may offer computer based musicians a nice starting point for the creative process, then by stemming things out to a serious DAW for mixing & mastering you could take it as far as you wish.

Edited by abacab