Old Windows graphics on minimized window

Sergio Miranda

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dang, I didn't even notice it, maybe because to me, that Windows 7 look is still the "right" UI. The rounded corners, all that, it really did not need "improvement."

It's a known psychological phenomenon, human beings feel more comfortable looking at things that are rounded than we do things that are pointy and square. Walt Disney believed that this was part of why Mickey Mouse outlasted Felix the Cat. Felix has pointy ears, Mickey has rounded ears.

If you look at guitars that have staying power on the vintage market, it's the ones that are all curves. We make fun of the '80's pointy ones. No matter how well made they are, they'll probably never have similar long term lasting value that a curvy guitar will.

Now, no matter how much I appreciate and admire how well Windows 10 runs, I have to stare at those danged square corners for hours at a time. Ouch! Let me have the earlier look as a theme, please!

But yes, Cakewalk should look like Windows, whatever the current version of Windows is. Floated Inspector and Browser etc. windows have the W10 look, and so should the Track View.