Out of tune

Hugh Blaney

Best you can do is make sure that all controllers are zeroed out.  Check pitches from the instruments with a VST tuner  etc. Not all sample sets are perfectly tuned - but most are and modeling programs generally are perfectly tuned.

I used to have a Reaktor 5 patch that would play fine, 1st time, then would be either a half or whole step lower, thereafter.

Turnded out that the specific patch tied pitch to the mod wheel, and when the default Zero All Controllers would get triggered after playback, it lowered the pitch.  I cannot recall if I simply turned off the Zero All Controllers parameter in Sonar (this was prior to CbB though it still works the same), or if I modified that patch to sever its tie of the mod wheel to pitch,.

Anyways, just something you could check, by going into CbB Preferences, and turn off the Zero All Controllers parameter, which is under Preferences > Project > MIDI - just remove the check from the box to the left of where it says: "Zero Controllers When Play Stops", and then click Apply.

If you do the above after freshly loading the instrument with the pitch issue, and if this is what has been causing these issues for you, then repeated playbacks should then leave the pitch alone.

Bob Bone