Error with Cakewalk modules?

jorgie

I am completely new to DAWs so I have no idea what a lot of things mean but the tutorials do help

Today I launched Cakewalk and for some reason I get these messages that say:

"Can't load Module. 'ElstUn  '"  with some numbers after it ("ElstUn84"  "ElstUn61")

Edit: These messages are infinite and do not stop, if I close them they pop up again immediately, the only thing I can do ks restart my computer

What does this mean? Did the app somehow get corrupted?

image.jpg

Edited by jorgie
More details

This looks like an error cause by a 32bit plug-in made with Synthedit trying to access a protected area of the disk or registry. This is not part of Cakewalk. It is a plug-in you added.

The best solution is find a replacement for the plug-in.

Sometimes running the DAW as administrator one time and loading the plug-in resolves the problem because the plug-in creates what it needs on the disk allowing the plug-in to run without admin after the first run.

Some Synthedit programs need access to the disk all the time. In these cases, installing the plug-in where user access is unrestricted is the better solution. Running the DAW as administrator solves the issue too albeit not the best idea.

3 hours ago, scook said:

This looks like an error cause by a 32bit plug-in made with Synthedit trying to access a protected area of the disk or registry. This is not part of Cakewalk. It is a plug-in you added.

The best solution is find a replacement for the plug-in.

Sometimes running the DAW as administrator one time and loading the plug-in resolves the problem because the plug-in creates what it needs on the disk allowing the plug-in to run without admin after the first run.

Some Synthedit programs need access to the disk all the time. In these cases, installing the plug-in where user access is unrestricted is the better solution. Running the DAW as administrator solves the issue too albeit not the best idea.

thank you!!

I moved my plugins out of the admins and just into my own user and it still works!