Installing with multiple hard drives?

djGman

Question

With my Sonar Platinum installation, I spread files across 3 drives - Program & plugins on C, Cakewalk content & samples on D, project, audio, and video on E.    Cakewalk bandlab does not let you chose the locations during install (greyed out).  

Can I move the folders and change it?

Is there any risk to doing this?

Why does it not give you the option to customize?

3 answers to this question

All versions of 64bit SONAR and CbB share some registry entries. When CbB is installed, if these entries exist, the values are displayed but may not be changed. Any paths in preferences may be changed either using preferences or directory junctions. Some registry entries may be changed either using regedit or directory junctions.

• Like 1

Thanks!  I noticed the new Cakewalk Audio folder (C drive) has many more sub-folders than my old one on my D drive.  Is it OK to copy the additional folders to D and then change the settings in Cakewalk?

Edited by Frank Thomas

All versions of 64bit SONAR and CbB use the same "Cakewalk Content" folder. The path is stored in ContentDir in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software.

I have no idea how the SONAR "Cakewalk Content" was moved to from the C drive but it seems like it was done without updating the registry or use of a directory junction.  Cakewalk Command Center has a function to move Cakewalk Content but it updates the registry.

What ever you did to move SONAR "Cakewalk Content" should work for CbB "Cakewalk Content."

• Like 1