Jump to content

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, winkpain said:

More GUI weirdness

Similar to my above mentioned Saturation module issue, I've now found these two ProChannel console compressor modules to display oddly:

Oddness.GIF.36cbe40f6879d768cdeb1559f14a4638.GIF

 

What gives??

Aside from the GUI, it should not be possible in the current build to have both the PC76 and PC4K compressors inserted in the ProChannel at the same time. This seems like there's something with your overall installation that is not working properly. You might need to try a clean install.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

Aside from the GUI, it should not be possible in the current build to have both the PC76 and PC4K compressors inserted in the ProChannel at the same time. This seems like there's something with your overall installation that is not working properly. You might need to try a clean install.

Interesting. To be clear, though, the GUI issue is there with all three mentioned modules when installed individually as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, winkpain said:

Interesting. To be clear, though, the GUI issue is there with all three mentioned modules when installed individually as well.

The UI is working normally on my side for everything (tried a few different installs/configurations), which would lead me to believe that something is weird locally on your system that would cause that to happen. You could maybe do a rescan/reset for plugins and see if that helps first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

The UI is working normally on my side for everything (tried a few different installs/configurations), which would lead me to believe that something is weird locally on your system that would cause that to happen. You could maybe do a rescan/reset for plugins and see if that helps first.

Just curious, but where are those 3 PC modules in question stored on the computer, and which installer puts them there? I think I need to re-install them.

I just noticed I am completely missing them, and have had Sonar Platinum [2017-10] - x64 installed since before I installed Cakewalk by BandLab. Just checked Sonar, and they are missing from there as well. Command Center indicates that everything for Sonar is already installed.

Edited by abacab

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, abacab said:

Just curious, but where are those 3 PC modules in question stored on the computer, and which installer puts them there? I think I need to re-install them.

I just noticed I am completely missing them, and have had Sonar Platinum installed since before I installed Cakewalk by BandLab. Just checked Sonar, and they are missing from there as well. Command Center indicates that everything for Sonar is already installed.

ProChannel modules install to the global Shared Utilities for Cakewalk. The full core installers for Cakewalk (or SONAR) should always replace the stock modules which include the PC76 and PC4K compressors as well as the Tube Saturation. The actual .dll files for the modules are not obviously named though. The VST Scanner should automatically scan the folder for these behind the scenes without it listed in Preferences, although you can see the path listed if you look in the Options via the Plugin Manager. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By default the Tube Saturator (PCS-CakeSM.dll), PC4K S-Type Bus Compressor (PCS-BusCM.dll) and PC76 U-Type Compressor (PCS-NukeCM.dll)
are installed in C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Utilities\Internal

As  @jon sasor [cakewalk] mentioned the path is not shown in VST preferences but is silently added when scanning (although it is visible in the Plug-in Manager scan path options).

This path is stored with the VST Inventory in the registry. For example, for CbB the path is in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST\VSTInternalPath

X1 through Platinum have a similar record stored in their VST Inventory area.

I believe these plug-ins could go missing if Platinum is uninstalled after upgrading to CbB.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

ProChannel modules install to the global Shared Utilities for Cakewalk. The full core installers for Cakewalk (or SONAR) should always replace the stock modules which include the PC76 and PC4K compressors as well as the Tube Saturation. The actual .dll files for the modules are not obviously named though. The VST Scanner should automatically scan the folder for these behind the scenes without it listed in Preferences, although you can see the path listed if you look in the Options via the Plugin Manager. 

@Jonathan Sasor

Thanks, I just re-ran the full core installer for Sonar Platinum 2017-10. Still no sign of those particular PC modules PC76, PC4K, or Tube Saturation. But the rest of them are still there, as before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, scook said:

By default the Tube Saturator (PCS-CakeSM.dll), PC4K S-Type Bus Compressor (PCS-BusCM.dll) and PC76 U-Type Compressor (PCS-NukeCM.dll)
are installed in C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Utilities\Internal

As  @jon sasor [cakewalk] mentioned the path is not shown in VST preferences but is silently added when scanning (although it is visible in the Plug-in Manager scan path options).

This path is stored with the VST Inventory in the registry. For example, for CbB the path is in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST\VSTInternalPath

X1 through Platinum have a similar record stored in their VST Inventory area.

I believe these plug-ins could go missing if Platinum is uninstalled after upgrading to CbB.

 

 

@scook

Those registry entries are there, and both point to the same folder: "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Utilities\Internal".

When I look into that folder the PC4K, PC76, and Tube Compressor are still missing, even though I just re-ran the Platinum installer.

I think I should probably take this discussion to another thread now, as this may not have anything to do with 2020.01. I just thought earlier that it was a strange coincidence that it was the same 3 PC modules affected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, it's not a 2020.01 issue.

It is strange.

Uninstall CbB and reinstall. The uninstall option is on the menu to the right of the CbB open button in BA. This will force a download of the full 2020.01 installer and should get the PC modules back. It will also insure they are the latest versions (in case something was updated since 2017).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/7/2020 at 3:50 PM, Mario Branchi said:

I have the same annoying issue with the aim assist cursor jammed up against the left side. Restarting CbB solves the problem, but it happens every time I use CbB, I can't understand what triggers the bug

 

On 2/9/2020 at 4:38 AM, Starship Krupa said:

The Aim Assist line has been intermittently sticking and disappearing on my system as well. This is not due to the Alt-X feature, as it predates it. I haven't reported it due to not being able to reproduce the conditions that make it happen.

I think I can reproduce it: on my machine it happens whenever I create a new instrument track by dragging a synth from the instruments browser to the tracks pane.

After closing the "Insert Soft Synth Options" window, the aim assist line gets stuck against the left border and I cannot move it anymore.

Edited by Mario Branchi
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

The UI is working normally on my side for everything (tried a few different installs/configurations), which would lead me to believe that something is weird locally on your system that would cause that to happen. You could maybe do a rescan/reset for plugins and see if that helps first.

Got it. I too realize that this is not a 2020.1 issue. But it is interesting that the three modules are the same as the the ones totally missing with user @abacab !  In my "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Utilities\Internal"  folder the appropriate .dll files mentioned are all there, but with 2016 file dates. Is there a way to just download fresh versions of these dll's and re-scan?

And, speaking of that, I have been re-scanning my VSTs quite a lot lately in attempts to troubleshoot my other VST issues mentioned above on my Monday post. What do you mean, however, about a "reset" for plugins? How is this done?

I want to avoid any re-install at the moment as I am in the middle of a large, professional project with a looming deadline, but will do later if that is the only option.

 

And -sorry- if there is another thread where this should more appropriately be carried out, please direct me...

Edited by winkpain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Other than exclude list and plug-in layout management all VST operations should be performed in Preferences. The Reset button is right of the Scan button. The reset function clears and rebuilds the VST inventory.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scook said:

Other than exclude list and plug-in layout management all VST operations should be performed in Preferences. The Reset button is right of the Scan button. The reset function clears and rebuilds the VST inventory.

 

Got it. That Reset button was just sitting there the whole time staring me in the face!  I was just about to click it, BUT - would it erase or fudge up all my carefully organized Layouts?? If so, I would want to wait on this until downtime later on as well, as it has taken time to get them to be how I want them...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Modifications to registry VST inventory entries made using the plug-in properties dialog.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...Reset and rescanned. Same issues with the three modules mentioned. I will wait and buck up for a clean install at a later date, as this is not affecting current project. (Though I do like those compressors!)

Is there, by any chance, a way to download more recent module dll files for these modules and replace the ones (from 2016) in my current "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Utilities\Internal" folder??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@winkpain - I've seen issues with ProChannel modules if the directories they live in are compressed.

Have you compressed your C:\ drive recently?

[Edit] - if this is indeed the cause, you don't have to decompress your whole drive - just the C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Utilities directory

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, msmcleod said:

@winkpain - I've seen issues with ProChannel modules if the directories they live in are compressed.

Have you compressed your C:\ drive recently?

[Edit] - if this is indeed the cause, you don't have to decompress your whole drive - just the C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Utilities directory

Good idea @msmcleod ! I will give it a try...  Wait, sorry. I read "decompress" as "defrag".   I don't compress my drives, not willingly anyway.

Edited by winkpain
misunderstood

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...